Re: Mexican Songs

  • Susan Updegraff
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      A Discussion List For Those Interested in Barbershop HarmonyTucson Desert Harmony - SAI Region 21 - sings Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol) - arrangement by Nancy Bergman. Contact Nancy Begrman at: nancybmusic @ aol.com remove spaces

      "Does anyone know any barbershop arrangements of Mexican songs?"

      Susan Updegraff
      Tucson Desert Harrmony - Region 21
      http://www.tucsondesertharmony.org

    • Tgbari@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
        John Witmer asks about arrangements of Mexican songs. The Society will soon
        be publishing my version of "Mexicali Rose," which has one chorus in English
        and one in Spanish. Bob Calderon was one of the translators. Either chorus
        or both can be sung in performance.

        The hope is to provide our groups with a song to please its bilingual singers
        and audience members. The chart has been arranged in easy, ear-singing
        fashion, with no intro and a plain tag.

        Maybe it -- the English chorus, at least -- will catch on and be sung at
        district schools, by Joe Barbershopper choruses at conventions, and late at night
        in hotel lobbies. The arranger would find that great fun.

        Tom Gentry
        www.harmonize.ws/tgentry