Tortilla Flats

  • wmgcarson@cox.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2006
      ---- Bob Patterson <tortillaflats@...> wrote:
      > With all due humidity...... strike that....... humility, Tortilla Flats can be had cheap.
      >
      > Bob Patterson, Bari
      > Tortilla Flats

      In fact, maybe free. When I was with the old Westminster chapter, we were struggling and pleaded for quartets to sing on our annual show for free. Tortilla Flats volunteered twice. (They allowed as how for the second appearance, we were gluttons for punishment.) There was a videotape made of the show, and I've watched Tortilla Flats so many times I almost have memorized their routines. And you haven't lived unless you've attended an afterglow where Bob Patterson (the undertaker) sings a straight faced bari-predominant "Sweet And Lovely." Our director, another bari, wondered what everyone was laughing about. Somewhere I still have a tortilla stamped with "Tortilla Flats."

      Bob, do you still travel to performances in a white Cadillac hearse?

      Grant Carson, now in Texas
    • Bob Patterson
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
        Grant,

        Thank you for the kind words. With the recent success of the Westminister "kids", its certainly not the chapter you and I remember.

        Yes, Consuelo, our 1970 Cadillac hearse is still in use. She's a little grayer, but still runs. We've discovered she is so heavy that we can sing in her with no vehicle-induced vibrato common in most vehicles. Of course, getting nine miles to the gallon makes traveling any distance expensive. With only a 17 gallon tank, running out of gas is always a possibility, and has happened at inopportune times and places.

        Bob Patterson

        Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

        Share feedback on the new changes to Groups