Keepsake

  • Steve Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006
      Could someone tell me, in what years were the Keepsake CD's 'Once Upon A
      Time' and 'Without A Song' released ?
      many thanks
      SteveJ
      The Blenders (Denver Bound)
      Australia

    • mars89052003
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2007
        Don't miss your chance to see Keepsake - together again! If you're in
        the Orlando, Florida area, go to www.soundofsunshine.com to get your
        tickets now! $15.00 to see the gold-medal quartet with Joe Connelly,
        Tony DeRosa, Roger Ross and Don Barnick!

        Call 407-257-2611 to have your tickets held at the door - or go to the
        website and buy them online with Paypal.

        See you there!

        Marsha Williams
        Sound of Sunshine Show Chorus
      • lisaacson12345
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2007
          This past weekend, Keepsake was the guest quartet at the Plano Men
          of Note Chapter Shows. It was a great thrill to hear them in person
          for the first time, and to get a chance to sing a polecat with them
          was an experience I won't forget. Many barbershop luminaries turned
          out, incluing Bill Thornton and Gary Parker of the Dealer's Choice.
          To see those two sing with Tony DeRosa and Don Barnick gave me
          goosebumps.

          As I was hearing Keepsake, I kept thinking about Vocal Spectrum who
          sang on the VM's Fall show and dazzled us all last year in Indy. I
          thought how different the two quartets were, but yet both so
          excellent in their own way. Time does indeed march on, and when I
          think of Vocal Spectrum, how they sing and the way they carry
          themselves, I am proud and hopeful of the Society's future. I guess
          I kind of associate Vocal Spectrum with the new faces and sound of
          the Society- from Four Voices, to Realtime to OC Times, and of
          course, Westminster. They are raising the bar and I love it. But,
          one thing we should remember is that us older guys are role models
          for them- not only are they are looking to us as examples of how to
          conduct themselves as singers, but also as men of good will and
          honesty. I hope I can conduct myself accordingly and be worthy of an
          organization that attracts such fine young men.

          On to Denver- good luck to all competitors!

          Lars Isaacson
          Lead, VM
          Baritone, Texas Millionaires