Query

  • Ehink557@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 2, 2006
      I realize a lot of the arrangers are using Finale and that's fine. I have
      been using Music Time Deluxe for eight years because it is very user friendly. I
      was wondering if any other chart makers out there uses MTD. I would like to
      exchange ideas. It would have to be the 3.5 version.

      Ed Hinkley
      Sarasota, Florida
      51 yr. Member
      Arranger/Songwriter
      Chorus Hall of Fame
      Chorus BOTY
      Friend to Barbershop Harmony

      A wisdom in the world of man that always seems to cling
      Among the many who would wish to hear the sound,
      Is the sweetness of the moment when you here somebody sing
      For music soothes the savage beast the world around.
      E.D.Ward

    • George Booth
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 2, 2006
        Hi Ed,
        I'm with you about MTD being USER FRIENDLY!
        I started with Music Time about 12 years ago then
        went to MTD (3.5) about 4 or 5 years ago.

        What kinda' ideas do you have in mind? Inquiring
        minds are interested.

        Yours in exquisite harmony,

        George D. Booth
        <bbshound @ earthlink.net> (remove spaces)
        Society member since 1958

        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 31, 2006
          If you are a Music Time Deluxe 3.5 user and know how to create a midi file
          that can be emailed and be read by the receiver please contact me...privately

          Ed H

        • Ehink557@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 30, 2007
            Is there a site on the web where I can see the notes to "Who'll take my
            place when I'm gone"

            Ed H

          • Giallombardo
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 30, 2007
              At 08:07 PM 4/30/2007, Ehink557@... wrote:

              >Is there a site on the web where I can see the notes to "Who'll take my
              >place when I'm gone"
              >
              >Ed H

              I tried the Lester Levy website but struck out there.

              So you might want to "Buy it now" on eBay!

              http://cgi.ebay.com/1922-WHOLL-TAKE-MY-PLACE-BILLY-FAZIOLI-SHEET-MUSIC_W0QQitemZ170090786096QQcmdZViewItem

              Off to New Tradition Chorus rehearsal to deliver the weekly newsletter.......

              - Helen Giallombardo
              Editor, Newtra Notes
              Tenor, Jukebox Quartet, 2007 Sweet Adelines 7th Pl. Quartet Finalist
              Baritone, Melodeers Chorus - all-time high regional chorus scorer - 741 - yeah!
            • Giallombardo
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 30, 2007
                At 08:07 PM 4/30/2007, Ehink557@... wrote:

                >Is there a site on the web where I can see the notes to "Who'll take my
                >place when I'm gone"
                >
                >Ed H

                OK, in yet more quickie research, I found this really cool site which
                has what you need,
                so I am revising and extending my remarks:

                http://digital.library.ucla.edu/apam/librarian?ITEMID=NS337001
                http://digital.library.ucla.edu/apam/librarian?VIEWPDF=NS337001PDF

                Ed, you will owe me after this.
                I just saved you $8.70 from spending via eBay. ;-)

                Off to New Tradition Chorus rehearsal to deliver the weekly newsletter.......

                - Helen Giallombardo
                Fast Internet Researcher
              • Ehink557@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 25, 2007
                  Anyone out there have a source for the spots and maybe sound for.............

                  "Well build a rainbow in the sky"

                  Ed Hinkley
                  Sarasota, Florida
                  52 yr. Member

                  Arranger/Songwriter

                  Chorus Hall of Fame
                  Chorus BOTY
                  Friend to Barbershop Harmony

                  941 371 1145

                  So many contradictions are impossible to change
                  Except for some that are embarrassingly crass,
                  It would be a monumental task for me to rearrange
                  The things that formulate so beautifully en masse.
                  E.D.Ward

                • CVQ Sings
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 25, 2007
                    This site is selling a used copy of some original
                    sheet music for $7.00:
                    http://www.dragonsheadbooks.com/si/004314.html

                    If you've got a cool library nearby you might be able
                    to get an interlibrary loan from this place:
                    http://www.sjlibrary.org/popup.htm?id=47059&cid=6170&t=2&/research/special/music_coll/musicColl_popup

                    --
                    Neil Cerutti

                  • Ehink557@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 22, 2007
                      Has your chorus/quartet ever used Earl Moon's chart of "Old Fashioned Girl"
                      in contest and if so how well did it score

                      Ed Hinkley
                      Sarasota, Florida
                      52 yr. Member

                      Arranger/Songwriter

                      Chorus Hall of Fame
                      Chorus BOTY
                      Friend to Barbershop Harmony

                      941 371 1145

                      I will not rest a minute till I find the reason why
                      They say the world is not a prairie but a ball,
                      I cannot share this wild belief it has to be a lie
                      Because the people underneath would surely fall.

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 2, 2008
                        I'm almost finished with MY arrangement of "Always" by Irving Berlin but I'm
                        unsure of the melody to the last line of the verse. I have searched the web
                        for it and nothing. Just the chorus. If you know it and can help with the
                        melody by sending the letter identity notes I'd appreciate it.

                        "NOW THAT MY BLUE DAYS HAVE PASSED, NOW THAT I'VE FOUND YOU AT LAST"

                        Bari.......ng up under the strain,

                        Ed Hinkley

                        53 yr. Member
                        Chorus of the Keys
                        2004 District Champions

                        Songwriter/Arranger
                        Chapter BOTY
                        Chapter Hall of Fame

                        Soon another year will pass into the depth of time
                        Exposing all the weight of hatred to the bone,
                        How sweet to post the letters be it prose or be it rhyme
                        And let our friendship be forever cast in stone.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
                          Need composer and copyright date for "Do you remember when." Anyone?

                          Bari.......ng up under the strain,

                          Ed Hinkley

                          53 yr. Member
                          Chorus of the Keys
                          2004 District Champions

                          Songwriter/Arranger
                          Chapter BOTY
                          Chapter Hall of Fame

                          So now another year has passed into the depths of time

                        • tpbuell@comcast.net
                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
                            Ed,
                            If you are referring to the song by the McGuire Sisterrs, the composer listed is Bill Katz. The release date for the album it is on is 1956.
                            From: Ehink557@...

                          • Ehink557@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 18, 2008
                              Anyone have access to site of "Christmas is made for children" with words
                              and music? Sounds like a nice song to arrange.

                              Bari.......ng up under the strain,

                              Ed Hinkley

                              53 yr. Member
                              Chorus of the Keys
                              2004 District Champions

                              Songwriter/Arranger
                              Chapter BOTY
                              Chapter Hall of Fame

                              Though friends are often far away and never feel your touch
                              They still remain as close as any standing near,
                              The words that fall from friendly lips can surely mean as much
                              If they are spoken or you see them written here.

                            • Ed Hinkley
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 5, 2009
                                Does anyone have the quartet seeding for Anaheim?

                                Ed H

                              • Ed Hinkley
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jul 24, 2009
                                  I have heard several charts on music from Phantom and am wondering if anyone has done "Wishing you were somehow here again."

                                  If so please drop by and chat about how you approached this fabulous song.

                                  Ed H

                                • Edward Hinkley
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012
                                    I'm planning a Georgia train excursion next month and I just viewed pics on their web site of things that go on during the trip.

                                    One picture showed

                                    four guys dressed alike and standing like a quartet would when entertaining.

                                    Has anyone in Ga. made the trip and if so is it in fact a bbshop quartet that I see? If so who are they?

                                    It's called the SAM RR

                                    Ed Hinkley

                                  • Edward Hinkley
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Nov 6, 2012
                                      Does anyone in the NE district know if Courdtland Manor, NY is out of power because of Sandy
                                      ?
                                      Ed H

                                    • Mark Schuldenfrei
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Nov 6, 2012
                                        On 11/6/2012 11:03 AM, Edward Hinkley wrote:
                                        > Does anyone in the NE district know if Courdtland Manor, NY is out of power because of Sandy
                                        > ?

                                        I do not live nearby, but I found a map of outages that show SOME
                                        problems remain in or near Courtlandt Manor.
                                        http://apps.coned.com/stormcenter_external/default.html

                                        Use the little boxes on the bottom left to zoom in to that
                                        neighborhood. It might even show specific houses, if you
                                        know the address.

                                        Mark Schuldenfrei
                                      • Tom Schleier
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Nov 6, 2012
                                          Ed,
                                          I have a work buddy that lives in Cortlandt Manor and never lost his power, but that may not hold true for the whole community.

                                          Tom Schleier