Barbershop recordings

  • Tom Goldie
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hello All!

      I'm looking for help getting two recordings:

      1) A GREAT recording of the Star-Spangled Banner being sung barbershop
      style. Our school plays a different version of the SSB each morning
      (orchestral, band, Clay Aiken, etc... ) and I think I could talk them
      into spreading BBS cheer if I had a decent recording of it.

      2) A sampler of Barbershop with the most popular appeal. It's no
      longer theoretical; I know kids who have never heard Barbershop. One
      young man is taking music theory as a senior, and has never played an
      instrument -- what do you think his chances are of mastering an
      instrument (besides his voice) in two semesters?

      Thank you,

      Tom Goldie
    • Carolyn Young
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
        Hi all,

        Can't resist suggesting the Melodeers' version of "The Start Spangled Banner" on our most recent CD, "4Ever Melodeers." It's a great Joni Bescos arrangement and is the one you hear when Melodeers open the Cubs games.

        Carolyn Young
        Bari, The Melodeers Chorus