Re: Hi-lo's

  • Bruce Richardson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 12:16 AM
      In my "younger" days, I had the privilege of singing in a Lake Forest,
      IL group called the Camerata Singers. Don Shelton's wife, Joan, sang
      alto in our group, which gave me the opportunity to meet Don on many
      occasions and visit their lovely Lake Forest "palace". What a sweet
      couple they were.

      I knew more of Don's experience with Puerling's group, The Singer's
      Unlimited, which was famout for their intricate overdubbing of voices,
      often acapella. I have a number of their albums (LP, tape and CD) and
      fondly refer to them as one of my vocal influences, singing along with
      the tunes - trying to fit inot the harmonies. I've always been a fan
      of Gene Puerling's arrangements, very hard to duplicate in a choral
      setting. The earlier Take 6 recordings reminded me a lot of the same
      harmonies and smoothness.

      --
      Bruce Richardson
      Spirit of Illinois Barbershop Chorus