Re: Headquarters move?

  • wahawk2002
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2006
      Yes,
      At the CSD delagates meeting, our board member John Marshall told us
      that CMT had offered us a full floor in their building, but we
      turned it down (horrible, dumb, awful move). Instead, they are
      buying an abandoned old printing building downtown and renovating
      it. It is too big however and they are going to have to rent out
      space.

      There reason for not taking the CMT offer was that they were not
      going to be able to put their logo on the building. Nevermind, that
      you would be working side by side with a television station that
      carries nothing but MUSIC!!

      Oh... a great partnership that could have been...

      (Stepping off my soapbox...)

      Brett

    • Djbqpa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2006
        In a message dated 05/01/2006 12:03:53 AM, joe@... writes:

        << Anybody know the status on the Society's move to Nashville? >>

        ----- snip -----

        You will be informed of the matter in question when those
        who are in charge feel it is necessary for the membership
        to know! It will most probably be in one of the 2007 issues
        of the HarmoniZer.

        (8^D)

        Dick Johnson
        BQPA/BHS/Pioneers
        EVG/Treasure Statesmen
        Great Falls, MT
      • georgejoslyn
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2006
          Jeez!! Can you feel the love, People??

          George Joslyn
          Stone Mountain Chorus/Atlanta

          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Djbqpa@... wrote:

          > In a message dated 05/01/2006 12:03:53 AM, joe@... writes:
          >
          > << Anybody know the status on the Society's move to Nashville? >>
          >
          > ----- snip -----
          >
          > You will be informed of the matter in question when those
          > who are in charge feel it is necessary for the membership
          > to know! It will most probably be in one of the 2007 issues
          > of the HarmoniZer.
          >
          > (8^D)
          >
          > Dick Johnson
          > BQPA/BHS/Pioneers
          > EVG/Treasure Statesmen
          > Great Falls, MT

        • Ev Nau
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2006
            Dick,

            You and I have been friends for a long time, and I deeply respect your
            contributions to the Society over your more than 50 years of service.

            To intimate below, the way you have, that there is something wrong with the
            way the decision will be announced is simply baffling. What else can
            leadership do?

            Yes, to announce it in the Harmonizer may be the wrong way to go about it,
            but it may also be the only way to make a mass announcement given that many
            members still do not have computers or email.

            There is no conspiracy here, my friend, and there is no need to add fuel to
            a fire that need not exist. So, let's just let the leadership do their jobs.
            I doubt that many, if any, companies leak details of their major decisions
            before it is in the best interests of everyone to hear them. Why should we?

            Ev Nau

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2006
              In a message dated 05/01/2006 8:17:46 AM, wahawk2002@... writes:

              << Instead, they are

              buying an abandoned old printing building downtown and renovating

              it. It is too big however and they are going to have to rent out

              space. >>

              Are they going to allow their "renters" to put their own
              Logos on the building?

              (8^D)

              (O, what fun it is to ...... )

              Dick Johnson