Headquarters move?

  • Joe Johnson
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2006
      Anybody know the status on the Society's move to Nashville?
    • wahawk2002
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 7:15 AM
        Yes,
        At the CSD delagates meeting, our board member John Marshall told us
        that CMT had offered us a full floor in their building, but we
        turned it down (horrible, dumb, awful move). Instead, they are
        buying an abandoned old printing building downtown and renovating
        it. It is too big however and they are going to have to rent out
        space.

        There reason for not taking the CMT offer was that they were not
        going to be able to put their logo on the building. Nevermind, that
        you would be working side by side with a television station that
        carries nothing but MUSIC!!

        Oh... a great partnership that could have been...

        (Stepping off my soapbox...)

        Brett

      • Djbqpa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1 7:54 AM
          In a message dated 05/01/2006 12:03:53 AM, joe@... writes:

          << Anybody know the status on the Society's move to Nashville? >>

          ----- snip -----

          You will be informed of the matter in question when those
          who are in charge feel it is necessary for the membership
          to know! It will most probably be in one of the 2007 issues
          of the HarmoniZer.

          (8^D)

          Dick Johnson
          BQPA/BHS/Pioneers
          EVG/Treasure Statesmen
          Great Falls, MT
        • georgejoslyn
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1 8:36 AM
            Jeez!! Can you feel the love, People??

            George Joslyn
            Stone Mountain Chorus/Atlanta

            --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Djbqpa@... wrote:

            > In a message dated 05/01/2006 12:03:53 AM, joe@... writes:
            >
            > << Anybody know the status on the Society's move to Nashville? >>
            >
            > ----- snip -----
            >
            > You will be informed of the matter in question when those
            > who are in charge feel it is necessary for the membership
            > to know! It will most probably be in one of the 2007 issues
            > of the HarmoniZer.
            >
            > (8^D)
            >
            > Dick Johnson
            > BQPA/BHS/Pioneers
            > EVG/Treasure Statesmen
            > Great Falls, MT

          • Ev Nau
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1 8:46 AM
              Dick,

              You and I have been friends for a long time, and I deeply respect your
              contributions to the Society over your more than 50 years of service.

              To intimate below, the way you have, that there is something wrong with the
              way the decision will be announced is simply baffling. What else can
              leadership do?

              Yes, to announce it in the Harmonizer may be the wrong way to go about it,
              but it may also be the only way to make a mass announcement given that many
              members still do not have computers or email.

              There is no conspiracy here, my friend, and there is no need to add fuel to
              a fire that need not exist. So, let's just let the leadership do their jobs.
              I doubt that many, if any, companies leak details of their major decisions
              before it is in the best interests of everyone to hear them. Why should we?

              Ev Nau

              Message 6 of 6 , May 1 8:50 AM
                In a message dated 05/01/2006 8:17:46 AM, wahawk2002@... writes:

                << Instead, they are

                buying an abandoned old printing building downtown and renovating

                it. It is too big however and they are going to have to rent out

                space. >>

                Are they going to allow their "renters" to put their own
                Logos on the building?

                (8^D)

                (O, what fun it is to ...... )

                Dick Johnson