tag singing

  • John Sanders
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
      Citrus Punch

      Hi, i have a question: does any one have any barber shop singing tags in audio format?
      I'm interested in tag singing for barber shop music style harmoney.
      Sincerely,
      John Sanders

    • John Sanders
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28, 2006
        Hi, i have a question: where can i find some barber shop song tags in mp3
        format?
        Is there a web site devoted to that?
        If so, could some one please send me the link to that?
        question: when is the next issue of the barbershop 4cast coming out?
        Sincerely,
        John Sanders

        John sanders: msn starmy22@...
        skype: sandej.2006
        AOL instant messenger: sanders195
      • Martin Grandahl
        Message 3 of 4 , May 29, 2006
          > Hi, i have a question: where can i find some
          > barber shop song tags in mp3 format?
          > Is there a web site devoted to that?

          Hey John....

          I've got several tags on my website (actually, that section is
          currently down, as I'm revamping the entire thing), but not in MP3
          format. Basically, I'm posting the music for the tags under an
          'educational' interpretation of the Fair Use Copyright laws. I believe
          that it is legal to post written tags, as they are not 'performed'
          anywhere, and are used mainly to teach the craft of barbershop
          singing. This is my interpretation, anyway...

          However, posting tags in MP3 format would be exclusively for
          entertainment purposes and would therefor be illegal, unless the song
          was public domain and you had the permission of the copyright holder
          (arranger) and the quartet itself.

          I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for....sorry!!

          --
          Martin Grandahl
          www.theAfterglowLounge.org

          FORUM
          www.theAfterglowLounge.org/forum
        • Alan LeVezu
          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2006
            Hi John (et al)

            The next 4-cast should be out soon (maybe this week?)

            It's hard to make predictions any more isn't it?

            Alan
            Alan LeVezu
            alan@...
            Co-Host: 4-Cast -- The only podcast on the web dedicated strictly to
            barbershop harmony!
            http://4-cast.tv