Need BBS keen eyes on E-Bay

  • Alan Gordon
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2006
      Hey, folks... a comedy of errors (well, not so funny, but you get my
      point) has left several important items belonging to Garry Texeira of
      Gotcha! missing. They may be "legitimately" lost in luggage world,
      but some details leave us leary enough to at least keep an eye on the
      outside world.

      Long and short of it is that on our return flights from Kansas City
      and the Heart of America Chorus shows on March 25th, both Garry and
      my bags went to Miami. We did the usual filing, and they confirmed
      they were both in Miami (for some reason, even though our
      reservations are separate... hmmm). I get my bag back the next day,
      and all is well... ish...

      Garry never got his, called around, no one knows where it was, tried
      to double talk, etc. None of it worked, and we finally boiled it
      down to "the bag ain't here." There will be files claimed, etc., but
      we know two things... 1) It could have been stolen, and 2) If not
      stolen, lost bag "innards" eventually go to auction in Alabama, and
      may still pop up on Ebay within months.

      The contents include important items. Please keep an extra eye out
      for the following...

      - Four colored jackets... Orange, Blue, Yellow, Green. If you know
      us, you know them. They don't usually travel with Garry, but he had
      them all in order to get them to a CD artwork photoshoot. Bad
      timing, yes...

      - A 10K Solid Gold medal. Not the one we won, thankfully, but still
      monetarily valuable and the one we mostly wear for shows.

      - An AIC ring. A replacement is on the way, but this may pop up,
      and obviously an orginal is more valuable.

      There were other personal items, but the above are the things
      barbershoppers can keep an ear to the tracks for. Please let me know
      if you come across anything suspicious.

      Much appreciated!

      Alan
      gotchabari@...