Re: [bbshop] Re: Barbershop & Brass

  • JustJim@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2006
      In a message dated 2/28/06 4:56:45 PM Central Standard Time,
      bruwiley78@... writes:
      Who was the quartet I heard at KC back in 1999? that did a rendition of
      Leroy Anderson's "Bugler's Holiday". That has to be one of the most awesome
      performances of that tune I've ever heard - it was at an afterglow type
      event late one night.

      They started off doing a vocal version of the tune (or was it the other way
      around) and halfway through whipped out their horns and played the rest of
      the way in brass. Just trombone and three trumpets.
      In all probability, it was CSD's Freefall. Jim Clark, Darin Drown, Bemo Myers
      and Scott Spilker were the members. "Bugler's Holiday" is on their CD and
      starts with vocal, going to instrumental about 8 measures in. Freefall disbanded
      when Jim and Darin moved to the Denver area. They now sing with Storm Front
      and Sound of the Rockies.

      Jim Parker
      Editor, Breaktime
      JustJim@...