Looking for 2000 Convention recordings

  • OECKEN@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
      Greetings Harmonetters

      I'm looking to complete my archives of contest recordings. Does anyone have
      CDs of the 2000 Convention in Kansas City that they are willing to part
      with? Copies are not acceptable. Please email privately to _MOHKEN@..._
      (mailto:MOHKEN@...) .

      Thanks.

      Ken Potter
      Director, Pacific Sound Chorus

    • Stephen Iannacchione Wilde
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2006
        Hiya Ken!

        This reply will not complete your collection of physical contest
        recordings. However, soon we will all be able to get the contest
        recordings in digital form on the iTunes Music Store, Napster, Sony,
        MSN, etc. These tracks won't be just from the Top 20 CDs previously
        issued by the Society. These will be ALL songs by ALL competitors
        in the contest.

        Even though the CDs you are searching for will complete your
        collection of contest recordings, your collection (and mine) won't
        really be complete until all of these previously unreleased tracks
        are published.

        I know this post sounds a bit like an ad, but Naked Voice Records,
        LLC is really excited about this initiative with the Society.

        HERE IS THE MORE DETAILED HARMONET POST FROM DECEMBER 23, 2005:

        courtesy of Dan, Christine, Don and others, we are pleased to be able
        now to silence the rumor mill and announce the impending release of
        thousands of barbershop songs for digital download. The Society has
        recently partnered with Naked Voice Records, LLC (NVR), in a
        collaboration that will have a profound effect on the availability of
        barbershop audio worldwide. NVR is a record label owned by
        barbershoppers (AIC members, in fact!) and dedicated exclusively to
        the digital distribution of a cappella music.

        Within a matter of weeks, Phase I of the project will make available
        worldwide virtually every quartet and chorus contest performance
        recorded at International since 1999 (Anaheim). This body of music
        will join the digital catalog of NVR already available through a
        variety of the most popular legal music download services such as
        iTunes, Napster, Rhapsody, MusicMatch, eMusic, LiquidAudio. These
        services offer legal digital downloads and/or streaming delivery of
        CD quality audio on a piecemeal basis. Both Apple and Windows based
        computers are supported both with and without the popular portable
        players such as the iPod, iRiver, Zen, GoGear, Sony and many more.
        Over the succeeding months, NVR hopes to digitize and add to the
        catalog available, all contest music dating back as far as the
        technology will allow. As you might imagine, old reel to reel tapes
        from the 40s are rather fragile so a by product of this effort will
        be the conservation and preservation of the Society's audio legacy.
        It is estimated that this initiative will ultimately result in an
        available barbershop catalog of tens of thousands of tracks!

        No more will you have to listen to stories from other barbershoppers
        about the incredible-haunting-outrageous-humorous-poignant (insert
        your own adjective) performance of such and such quartet in the semi-
        finals at such and such convention. You can own it! Are you a die
        hard fan of a certain quartet or chorus? You will be able to add new
        and never before available performances to your collection. Cost
        constraints and the realities of the brick and mortar marketplace
        have only ever allowed the Society to release a "Top 20" recording
        with SOME of the songs sung by each performer. Now you will be able
        to get them ALL! (Many performers have thought their best cuts were
        not the ones on the album ANYway!)

        SoÂ…there is still time to run out and grab one of the latest and
        greatest portable music players on the market for your barbershopper
        who has been very, very good this year because very, very soon he or
        she will be able to have that player very, very full of barbershop
        music from the finest quartets and choruses in the world!

        --
        Jonathan P. Clunies, Esquire Stephen (Iannacchione) Wilde
        Manager and General Counsel Chief Creative Officer

        Naked Voice Records, LLC
        239 East 81st Street, Suite 3A
        New York, NY 10028
        Voice/Fax: (212)479-7355