Just for Philo

  • Ehink557@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2005
      It’s time to get the shovels out the snow is in the wind
      And there will be a lot to clear away that‘s known,
      No matter what the temperature or weary backs to bend
      There’s much too much on walks and roadways where it’s blown.

      Sculptures most grotesque are formed from all the dripping ice
      That hangs in long imposing cycles from the eaves,
      The wintry aberrations are reminders of the price
      We pay for cursing all the raking of the leaves.

      The lakes will soon be frozen and the blades will soon appear
      To give enjoyment as the skaters get their fill,
      The younger set will settle for most any kind of gear
      That they can sit upon as they go down the hill.

      The wintry days will come and go new life will find its way
      Across the hills and valleys burgeoning with spring,
      We see the transformation as a most renewed display
      That fills our lives with still another happy fling.

      Polau