RE: [bbshop] singing slugs...

  • Richard Evans
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
      You're quite correct, but if you want to be technical, the first four bars is being sung by Professor Harold Hill [i.e. Robert Preston].

      bear <bearwest@...> wrote:
      That cute 4tet is non other then the Buffalo Bills..International Champs of
      long ago....unless my ears deceive me:) The very quartet that made a large
      splash in the Broadway play The Music Man and advanced our hobby
      considerably.

      bear
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
        Hm. I am a little confused why they are called singing slugs, when they are clearly snails... even the filmmaker seems to have missed that one!?

        Or am I being too pedantic?

        Either way, I am known for being an animation fan and I love the way the mouths are animated with so much energy - couldn't accuse them of not having enough space! And that oh-so-not-quite-sincere cheesy grin look on the word "sincere" part way through... magic :)

        Debi
        LABBS