Looking For An Arrangement

  • Arlene Bixby
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
      I've been searching for an arrangement for "Rudolph the Red Nosed
      Reindeer" for my quartet and I haven't had any luck. Does anyone have
      any ideas?

      Please respond to me privately at bix @ surewest .net (remove the
      spaces).

      Thanks.

      In Harmony, Arlene Bixby
      Region 12
    • Essayan1@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 18, 2006
        Hello Everyone,

        I am looking for a "Barbershop" (or at least a 4-part) arr. of "Here, There and Everywhere" sung by the Beatles

        Thanks!

        --
        Eric P. Essayan
        Bass

      • Todd Courts
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 29, 2008
          I am looking for an arrangement of "Pleasant Valley Sunday" from the
          Monkees. Does anyone know where I might find one? Please respond to me
          privately at tcourts@...

          Thanks!

          Todd Courts

        • harmonizeme@cs.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 29, 2008
            What is this Society coming to when a person is looking for an arrangement
            originally done by The Monkees! Sheesh!

            "Handsome" Dave Philo SPEBSQSA
            Affable, talented, illustrious, funny, voluptuous and unmitigatingly humble
            They told me I was gullible and I believed them

          • Marty Israel
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 29, 2008
              Yeah!!!!!!!!!

              Arrangements of songs done by the Beach Boys, the Jackson 5, Paul Anka, Bobby Rydell, the Drifters, and Elvis are so much more classier than the Monkees.

              Then, again, doncha think that a carefully placed II7 in Daydream Believer would be fantastic?

              Canto ergo sum

              Marty Israel
              Grew up in the 50s & 60s and loved every minute

              To: tcourts@...; bbshop@yahoogroups.comFrom: harmonizeme@...: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:07:14 -0500Subject: Re: [bbshop] Looking For An Arrangement

              What is this Society coming to when a person is looking for an arrangement originally done by The Monkees! Sheesh!"Handsome" Dave Philo SPEBSQSAAffable, talented, illustrious, funny, voluptuous and unmitigatingly humbleThey told me I was gullible and I believed them [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

            • Webb, Allan
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 29, 2008
                Dave,

                You should really listen to Realtime's latest album, which has both I'm A
                Believer (The Monkees) and Come On Get Happy (The Partridge Family). And
                they're both awesome.

                Please be sure to have someone film you while you listen, though, so we can
                watch your head explode on YouTube later.

                Allan

                >What is this Society coming to when a person is looking for an arrangement
                >originally done by The Monkees! Sheesh!
                >
                >"Handsome" Dave Philo SPEBSQSA

                ------------
                Allan Webb
                Lead, Pacific Coast Harmony Chorus
                Lead Emeritus (and Juggler), Masters Of Harmony
                Certified Director, Barbershop Harmony Society
                Senior Staff IT Engineer
                Information Technology Department
                Qualcomm Incorporated
                San Diego, CA
                awebb@...
                ------------
              • Tony Bove
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
                  Yeah!!!

                  Or, when people "offer" unsolicited opinions and impose negative judgements on your repertoire choices. I'd never want to sing in a society like that.

                  Tony

                  P.S. Lemmeno if you find that Monkees song.

                  harmonizeme@... wrote: What is this Society coming to when a person is looking for an arrangement

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
                    > harmonizeme@harmon wrote:
                    >
                    > What is this Society coming to when a person is looking for an arrangement
                    > originally done by The Monkees! Sheesh!
                    > - - - - -
                    > tonybove@... writes:
                    >
                    > Yeah!!!
                    >
                    > Or, when people "offer" unsolicited opinions and impose negative judgements
                    > on your repertoire choices. I'd never want to sing in a society like that.
                    >
                    > - - - - - -
                    >
                    > Not having heard the song in question, I can only wonder if it fits
                    > the Society definition of the BBShop song/style. Dave Stevens said:

                    "Barbershop harmony is a style of unaccompanied vocal music characterized by
                    consonant four-part chords for every melody note in a predominantly homophonic
                    texture. The melody is consistently sung by the lead, with the tenor
                    harmonizing above the melody, the bass singing the lowest harmonizing notes, and the
                    baritone completing the chord. The melody is not sung by the tenor except for
                    an infrequent note or two to avoid awkward voice leading, in tags or codas, or
                    when some appropriate embellishing effect can be created.

                    Occasional brief passages may be sung by fewer than four voice parts."
                    - - - - - - - - - -

                    I wouldn't "Monkee" with that - would you?

                    (8^D)

                    Dick Johnson
                    Great Falls, MT

                  • Alan Gordon
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
                      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Djbqpa@... wrote:
                      > "Barbershop harmony is a style of unaccompanied vocal music
                      characterized by
                      > consonant four-part chords for every melody note in a
                      predominantly homophonic
                      > texture. The melody is consistently sung by the lead, with the
                      tenor
                      > harmonizing above the melody, the bass singing the lowest
                      harmonizing notes, and the
                      > baritone completing the chord. The melody is not sung by the tenor
                      except for
                      > an infrequent note or two to avoid awkward voice leading, in tags
                      or codas, or
                      > when some appropriate embellishing effect can be created.
                      >
                      > Occasional brief passages may be sung by fewer than four voice
                      parts."
                      > - - - - - - - - - -
                      >
                      > I wouldn't "Monkee" with that - would you?

                      Well, since the Monkees song in question may very well fit the
                      above, I guess that means I WOULD "Monkee" with it... =)

                      Wouldn't want a song precluded just because of who sang it. THAT
                      would certainly be a shame. (wink, wink... nudge, nudge....
                      stiiiirrrrr)

                      Alan
                      gotchabari@...
                    • Djbqpa@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
                        In a message dated 3/1/08 1:15:36 PM, gotchabari@... writes:

                        > Well, since the Monkees song in question may very well fit the
                        > above, I guess that means I WOULD "Monkee" with it... =)
                        > - - - - - -
                        DJ: If you'll take the time to check MY original post it states I am
                        not familiar with the Monkee song. My post was not intended to
                        put down the group in any way. As a matter of fact, more years
                        ago than I care to remember, the Monkees did a gig in one of the
                        Jazz hotspots in a city where I was working at a local TV station.

                        The Owner/Manager of the Club paid to have his featured bands
                        appear on a "What's Going On In X X X" show and I was very
                        impressed with their act!

                        Since you apparently are very familiar with the song, do us all a
                        favor and give us some detailed information of the song, it's
                        melodic structure, the lyric, implied harmony, harmonic variety,
                        and all that good stuff.
                        > - - - - - - - - - -
                        > Wouldn't want a song precluded just because of who sang it. THAT
                        > would certainly be a shame. (wink, wink... nudge, nudge....
                        > stiiiirrrrr)
                        >
                        > Alan

                        Looking forward to your note (wink, wink... nudge, nudge....
                        stiiiirrrrr)

                        (8^D)

                        Dick Johnson
                        Great Falls, MT