MAD sends Jambalaya

  • Bob Caldwell
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2001
      Ok, so Jambalaya is representing the MAD this year (we certainly
      don't mind) nad they are members of the Frank Thorne chapter. Where
      are they living now? Stockholm, uh ... New Jersey? Yeah, NJ, that's
      the ticket. Where?

      Harmony-us-ly,
      BobCaldwell@...

      <<< snip >>> from ILL Dist Prelims sheet
      Jambalaya, the frequent SNOBS representative at the
      International Contest, this year joined the Society as
      members of the MAD Frank Thorne chapter and were competing
      out of district.

      HARMONET SCORING SUMMARY, Illinois District
      International Preliminary Quartet Contest
      SPEBSQSA, Inc., Peoria, Illinois, April 21, 2001

      FINALS/SEMI-FINALS MUS PRE SNG
      TOTL
      1 Cheers
      That's Life 169 167 155
      1923
      If You Love Me, Really Love Me 174 166 156
      80.1%
      Good Bye Dixie Good Bye 158 151 149
      936
      Broken Hearted 166 157 155

      2 Common Ground
      When The Roses Have Faded Away 156 161 160
      1886
      Don't Break The Heart That Loves You 153 161 159
      78.6%
      (1)My Ideal 159 162 153
      936
      Banjo's Back In Town 150 158 154

      3 Jambalaya (MAD)
      The Way You Look Tonight 152 166 154
      1874
      I Can't Give You Anything But Love 157 169 155
      78.1%
      The Key To Success With The Beautiful Girls 147 161 144
      921
      When I See The Loving They Waste On Babies 155 166 148

      4 By Popular Demand
      Sing An Old Song To A Young Lady 161 159 155
      1852
      I'll Forget You 161 167 161
      77.2%
      It's Only A Paper Moon 139 154 147
      888
      Pal Of My Cradle Days 142 157 149

      =====
      Harmony-us-ly, BobCaldwell@... o{\\ \\ \\]
      visit: www.geocities.com/slickerleadq
      Harmonizers & Virginians Chorus ~ 2000 BOTY
      CITY SLICKERS Quartet ~ M-AD 1st SoDiv 1997-2000,
      3rd M-AD District 2000, 5th M-AD INT Prelims 2000
      ###### To SLASH your bills by 20-80% ######
      ###### visit: www.geocities.com/SLASHBILLS ######

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • fv10rchid@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2001
        Hi guys,

        Can you explain to a SAI what a Frank Thorne Chapter is? Is this anything
        like CAL in Sweet Adelines? Thanks.

        Peggy B2, tenor
        Region 22

      • Kim & Jacquie Sebbage
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2001
          Hi all!

          Peggy, yes, Frank Thorne is the Society's Chapter-At-Large

          Kim
          Member, Frank Thorne Chapter,
          Tenor & Assistant Director,
          Men In Harmony Chorus,
          Chorus Director,
          Avon Valley Harmony Chorus,
          Tenor, Qtt-yet-to-be-named,
          Perth, Western Australia

          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2001
            May I add a comment here before definitions are too mired in folklore?

            The Frank H. Thorne, chapter-at-large, is a chapter for those men not
            affiliated with any specific chapter. Named for a Society pioneer who was a
            Society president, gold medallist, arranger and general-all-around great
            man, this membership classification has very specific guidelines which can
            be found on the Society's web page under the rules and regulations area.

            Our office recognizes two forms of FHT memberships: one for those living
            within the borders of the Society which requires that the member be a member
            of FHT in the district in which he resides; the other for FHT members who
            live outside the borders of SPEBSQSA and wish to be members of the so-called
            FHT-International.

            In any event, the membership in FHT is continually fluctuating depending on
            new men joining it, others dropping chapter affiliations, chapters being
            dissolved and their members being transferred to FHT etc. This membership
            allows most of the privileges of regular membership, but not all.

            Hope this helps.

            Ev Nau

            Message 5 of 5 , May 4, 2001
              On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 11:50:18AM -0400, fv10rchid@... wrote:
              > Hi guys,
              >
              > Can you explain to a SAI what a Frank Thorne Chapter is? Is this anything
              > like CAL in Sweet Adelines? Thanks.
              >
              > Peggy B2, tenor
              > Region 22

              Bingo.

              | Brian Gordon -->briang@...<-- ?????????????????? |
              + Former bari: Stage Crew quartet Bass: San Jose "Garden City" Chorus +