I do believe that the original post was talking about RIGHT NOW. All of the
accomplishments that Mike Renner outlined are only less than a month old.
There is no argument that other cities have had grand and glorious
pasts...and even present successes.
Mike was making the challenge based on the present state of barbershopping
in that city....and to fan the fire...just a little <Grin>.
Singing Buckeyes (Also greatly prejudiced)
From: Jen Griffith [mailto:grif5749@...
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 12:04 AM
Subject: [bbshop] Best Barbershop City?
I'm going to have to disagree with you and go with Louisville :-)
1. Michigan Jake -- current silver medalists, soon to be champs :-)
2. Louisville Times -- started a revolutionary change in the bbshop world
3. Thoroughbreds -- champion chorus (don't remember all the years off top
4. The Sensations -- International rep '01
5. Citations -- top 5 International
6. Second Edition -- '89 Champs
7. FlashPoint -- 35th International ('97)
8. 2 Times 2 -- medaled in district
9. Syndicate -- medaled in district
But then again - I'm prejudiced :-) Anyone else??
CAR district (ya think??) &
SAI South Bend, IN
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/