Re: Contest Scores

  • jimstyer@home.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30 8:54 AM
      At 10:56 AM 4/30/01 -0400, John Witmer wrote:
      >Many thanks to Jim Styer for including the names of quartet members and
      >chorus directors along with the scores from the Pioneer district convention.
      >It would be wonderful if all district reporters were able to do so.

      Thank you. I agree.

      And further, I'd like to see searchable databases with this info ...
      well, at least for int'l competitions. I thought I'd seen it started
      somewhere on the Web, but can't find it now. Once started, of course
      it has to be kept up to date, with earlier contests added when possible.

      Then, for example, we could search a quartetter's name and find all
      quartets he had competed in. Or we could search a quartet and find
      all the contests it had been in, with comparative scores.

      NO, I am not your Web and database wizard!

      --jim--
      jimstyer@...
    • Debbie Warwick
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30 10:14 AM
        Jim Styer said...

        > And further, I'd like to see searchable databases with this info ...
        > well, at least for int'l competitions. I thought I'd seen it started
        > somewhere on the Web, but can't find it now. Once started, of course
        > it has to be kept up to date, with earlier contests added when possible.

        It IS on the web! I don't think it's been updated recently, but it may
        have been. Craig Lancaster generously provided me with a huge Excel
        spreadsheet some time ago and it is available for download at Harmonet Central.

        http://www.harmonize.com/bbshop
        Once that page is loaded click on "SPEBSQSA Trivia" and then look for
        "Quartet Personnel List" in that section. Then click on "entire file"
        at the bottom.

        Enjoy!

        Debbie Warwick
      • ScotShn@cs.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 14, 2001
          It seems to me that the Society should be able to set it up with
          contest adminstrators at each district convention to post scores to
          the SPEBSQSA website as soon as they are avaliable. Having to rely on
          an outside source (and Steve Tremper does a great job) for such
          information isn't logical at all to me.
          Shane