Re: [bbshop] Digest Number 3050

  • marswill8905@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2005
      Singing lower than your range is only harmful if you are not singing
      correctly. If you force your range lower than it currently is able, you will cause
      problems. Stretching your range by working on exercises to do this is ok.

      My vocal teacher taught me that you should never force your voice lower than
      your chin - in other words, don't place the tone back in your throat in order
      to hit low notes - keep the sound forward.

      Hope this helps anyone who's trying to stretch their range!

      Marsha Williams
      Sound of Sunshine Chorus - SAI
      Solar Flair ! Quartet
      Member of SAI since 1978