Re: Max Q to COMPETE in Sunshine District April 29, 30

  • fullvoicetenor
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005
      To Bob and everyone-
      I normally would not respond to something like this, but this
      post is so outrageous it demands comment. This list is designed for
      those interested in bbshop harmony - says so right on the page. It
      is entirely appropriate for Max Q to announce anything related to
      competition and music; THAT IS WHAT THIS LIST IS FOR!
      Anyone who thinks family concerns are not important to the guys
      in Max Q is uninformed, or viciously cynical. Tony was my director
      for three years in Tampa, and anyone who has spent any time with him
      knows how close his family is and how much it means to him.
      My guess is that the competition announcement is an April Fool's
      joke, but now, I really hope it is legit so they can go win and
      stick it to everyone who has made such disparaging comments here.
      Shane Scott
      Tony DeRosa fan and friend

      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "bubman63" <chimes@n...> wrote:

      > Rich or should I say Munson: your post hits the nail on the head
      and
      > says it quite well as to the REAL reason they chose to compete.
      > Another post also says it quite well, Leo Larivees post (#51689)
      > where in the last line of his limerick he closes with the
      > sentence "contest and greed" which also states it truly.
      >
      > Dick Naas letter also talks to how morphed competitiveness is
      > killing our Society when the people REALLY paying the freight
      choose
      > to vote with their feet and bypass attending conventions, when
      they
      > can sit at at home in their home theatre's and watch primodona's
      like
      > this on T.V. saving a thousand bucks to boot.
      >
      > My view is that the fact that Max Q has now decided to compete
      simply
      > just wreaks and seeing as they bundled that announcement with the
      > announcement of their new.......just wait............can you
      > guess????........DOUBLE C.D.SET smells even more.
      >
      > I disagree with Lynne that Rich's post is old and he should move
      on
      > to a new topic.
      >
      > If anything, we should be discussing this more often than not.
      >
      > In case you can't tell, I wouldn't walk across the street to
      listen
      > to Max Q but would crawl, or run, to listen to Riptide or
      Metropolis,