SA Regions - another weekend finished!

  • Marti Lovejoy
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
      Just to remind everyone, there are no contests for the next two weekends
      due to Easter/Passover. Enjoy the time off - I know *I* will.

      The weekend of April 20-21, I will be attending and emceeing at the Region
      7 contest, so don't look for results (complete) for any other regions
      before the Monday night, when I plan to get home. (I still can't receive
      faxes on the road - dang it.) If you'd like to post the names and maybe
      total scores of your winners, go ahead - that seems to satisfy the
      impatient ones until I can get everything collected, typed and posted.

      We seem to be getting all the song titles so far. (I think I have a source
      for Region 14 songs and will send them along to those of you who have
      indicated that you would like to get song titles. Anyone who wants to be
      added to that list, email me privately.)

      To make it easier, it would be nice to have song title volunteers as well
      as score volunteers. If you are the kind who writes the titles in the
      program, or otherwise have access to the song titles (anonymous JP-1's are
      not refused ;-), please let me know if you can cover this aspect of any of
      the future contests. I will take care of Region 7, of course. Fax number
      is 281-444-4870.

      If I can get ALL of the song titles, I'll prepare some kind of lists or
      studies or something, which I know a lot of people would enjoy.

      Summaries are coming - hang in there!

      Marti Lovejoy, Life Member of Sweet Adelines (28 years so far)
      SA Score Central for SING & the Harmonet - 7th Year!
      Houston Horizon Chorus, Reg 10, TX, USA
      LovejoyMar@...
    • Brian Gordon
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
        On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 01:17:41PM +0100, Marti Lovejoy wrote:
        > Just to remind everyone, there are no contests for the next two weekends
        > due to Easter/Passover. Enjoy the time off - I know *I* will.
        > [...]

        Clarification: she must have been referring to just SAI contests, since the
        SPEBSQSA contests this weekend, for example, have not been called off ...

        | Brian Gordon -->briang@...<-- bgordon@... |
        + Former bari: Stage Crew quartet Bass: San Jose "Garden City" Chorus +