Happy New Year

  • Leo J. Larivee
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 31, 2004
      Some New Year's Resolutions - Barbershop Style - to share

      Sing more good barbershop songs.

      Recruit at least one new man.

      Teach more people more tags.

      Tell the new folks stories of our early pioneers and why we are all so sad when we
      lose the likes of Bill Cain, Frank Lanza, Val Hicks, and Dave LaBar to name but a few.

      Fight for what you believe to be right whether or not it is popular or politically
      correct.

      Never compromise a friend or your family just to win a contest.

      Let your music speak for itself. We are what we sing.

      It is not what the audience does after you sing; it's what they do WHILE you are
      singing that really counts.

      If you have a good musical director, support him (or her). They are the lifeblood of
      our our Society.

      Happy New Year everybody! May 2005 be Prosperous and Harmonious and may you
      reach your goals and objectives and attain true Happiness.

      Leo
    • Marty Israel
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 22, 2006
        Hi Stu!

        And a Shana Tovah right back at you! Have a great holiday and a great year!

        L'shana Tovah Tikatavu

        Marty Israel

        >From: Stu Wineberg <harmonet@...>
        >To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [bbshop] Happy New Year
        >Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:34:26 -0700
        >
        >No. I'm not 3 months early!!!! Tomorrow sees the start of the Jewish New
        >Year 5767 and I welcome the opportunity to wish all Jewish barbershoppers
        >Shana Tovah, a happy, healthy, prosperous & (above all) a peaceful year
        >ahead.
        >
        >Stu Wineberg
        >
        >I'd like to teach the world to sing
        >in four part harmony (Barbershop of course!)
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Express yourself - download free Windows Live Messenger themes!
        http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-msn.com/themes/vibe/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline
      • Shelley Herman
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 22, 2006
          Shanah Tovah

          May your hair, your teeth, your face-lift, your abs, and your stocks not
          fall .

          May your blood pressure, your triglycerides, your cholesterol, your
          white blood count and your mortgage interest not rise.

          May you get a clean bill of health from your dentist, your
          cardiologist, your gastroenterologist, your urologist, your
          proctologist, your podiatrist, your psychiatrist, your
          plumber, and the IRS.

          May you find a way to travel from anywhere to anywhere during rush hour
          in less than an hour, and when you get there may you find a parking
          space.

          May this Yom Tov, find you seated around the dinner table, together with
          your beloved family and cherished friends, ushering in the Jewish New
          Year ahead.

          May what you see in the mirror delight you, and what others see in you
          delight them.

          May the telemarketers wait to make their sales calls until you finish
          dinner, may your checkbook and your budget balance, and may they include
          generous amounts for charity.

          May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to your partner,
          your child, and your parent(s). You can say it to your secretary, your
          nurse, your butcher, your photographer, your masseuse, your seamstress, your
          hairdresser or your gym instructor, but not with a "twinkle" in your eye.

          May we live as intended, in a world at peace with the awareness of the
          beauty in every sunset, every flower's unfolding petals, every baby's smile
          and every wonderful, astonishing, miraculous part of ourselves.

          Bless you with every happiness, great health, peace and much love during
          the next year and all those that follow.

          Shelley & Shelly Herman
        • Stu Wineberg

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 24, 2006
              Lovely thought, thank you! L'shana Tovah to you too!

              But may I add one:

              May this be the year that someone sends me several new Jewish-themed
              barberhsop arrangements, suitable for my "MenschTones" group...

              One thought did pop into my head yesterday, which opens up a lot of
              possibilities for us to sing truly classic barbershop. How about a
              tribute to famous Jewish composers and performers? Do the names
              Eddie Cantor, Al Jolson, and Irving Berlin ring any chords?

              Heck, maybe I'll see about getting us chartered as an actual
              barbershop chapter. With possibilities like that, we could be
              hitting the contest circuit with solidly contestable material! At
              the very first contest I ever attended, the one quartet whose
              members I knew personally sang Eddie Cantor's "If You Knew Susie
              (Like I Know Susie)".

              Dave Garstang

              --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Shelley Herman <saherman@...> wrote:

              > Shanah Tovah
              >
              > May your hair, your teeth, your face-lift, your abs, and your
              > stocks not fall.
              >
              > May your blood pressure, your triglycerides, your cholesterol,
              > your white blood count and your mortgage interest not rise.
              >
              > May you get a clean bill of health from your dentist, your
              > cardiologist, your gastroenterologist, your urologist, your
              > proctologist, your podiatrist, your psychiatrist, your
              > plumber, and the IRS.
              >
              > May you find a way to travel from anywhere to anywhere during
              > rush hour in less than an hour, and when you get there may
              > you find a parking space.
              >
              > May this Yom Tov, find you seated around the dinner table,
              > together with your beloved family and cherished friends,
              > ushering in the Jewish New Year ahead.
              >
              > May what you see in the mirror delight you, and what others
              > see in you delight them.
              >
              > May the telemarketers wait to make their sales calls until
              > you finish dinner, may your checkbook and your budget
              > balance, and may they include generous amounts for charity.
              >
              > May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to
              > your partner, your child, and your parent(s). You can say it
              > to your secretary, your nurse, your butcher, your
              > photographer, your masseuse, your seamstress, your
              > hairdresser or your gym instructor, but not with a
              > "twinkle" in your eye.
              >
              > May we live as intended, in a world at peace with the
              > awareness of the beauty in every sunset, every flower's
              > unfolding petals, every baby's smile and every wonderful,
              > astonishing, miraculous part of ourselves.
              >
              > Bless you with every happiness, great health, peace and
              > much love during the next year and all those that follow.
              >
              > Shelley & Shelly Herman

            • Jack
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 2, 2008
                Check out the site below...

                To all my friends and family, I wish you all the best of everything for
                the forthcoming NEW YEAR of 2008: love to share,health to spare and
                friends who care!

                Click on the below and see my hopes for you for a healthy and happy
                year (cut and paste if necessary): Turn on the sound also.

                http://llerrah. com/newyearwishe s.htm