THANKS SAI for a great webcast.. now I need your help!

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1 11:31 AM
      Hi there all of your wonderful bbshop and acappella fans.

      I want to congratulate the Sweet Adeline Organization for a great webcast!
      I hope all of you who watched or listened in will follow through with a
      donation to the webcast. I have done just that today after viewing the chorus
      finals on Saturday. Having the ability to see and hear great music and
      performances on the Internet is something that I have worked hard for a long time.

      I am coming to you today to ask your help! THN...The Harmony Network has
      been a project that has consumed my every spare hour for more than 10 months.
      After being on the air for our 8th year now with The "APPLAUSE" Show, our
      station ownership, in March of this year, offered to turn their entire
      "commercially licensed" station over to us as a 24 hour a day All Vocal Harmony
      Network. Since then, we have built FOUR LIVE shows, Monday through Thursday
      evenings, where you can listen in to a live radio host present music that they
      choose themselves. Not some program manger, or some sponsor or some glitzy
      record label executive. But the HOST and YOU, as the listener, who can call up
      and make a request (just like in the old days).

      The cost of this entire project can be managed with only a $30,000 per year
      budget. That pays for the licensing, the ASCAP FEES, Internet access costs,
      Rent, Heat, Light, Equipment, Telephone and computer services. All of the
      talent is volunteer and no one makes a penny from the project. You, and many
      listeners like you, benefit because there is NOWHERE in this country where
      this kind of broadcasting is being offered.

      This week is our last of two weeks of fundraising to insure that this
      project can go forward to include the 24/7 broadcast of bbshop and acappella music,
      re-broadcast of the live shows throughout the week, "Remote" Live shows from
      other locations in the United States and throughout the world, and
      Syndicated and Simulcast broadcasts of shows and events. Imagine if only 300 people
      gave $100.00 per year (less than $2.00/Week), or 600 giving $50.00 (less than
      $1.00 per week), we can continue to bring you this great programming and
      future benefits. If we do not demonstrate that our community, YOU and I, are
      willing to support this type of programming, then the ownership of the station
      can not, and understandably should not, continue to support our project.

      Regional Broadcasting Services, the parent company, has built a local and
      Internet audience of thousands of supporters who love Classic Rock and Roll.
      The moment we convert to 24/7 Barbershop and Acappella music, they will lose
      that audience. We need to be positioned to be able to replace those people
      with US. You and I! People who recognize the benefit and the value of being
      able to turn on your computer and hear YOUR MUSIC....all the time.

      Please tune in to the shows this week..... make a pledge... send a donation.
      Check out the website at _www.harmonize.com/thn_
      (http://www.harmonize.com/thn) and find out how you can be a part of this historic and important

      As the lead broadcaster for the Barbershop Harmony Society's Annual
      Convention Webcast, I know how much you love to hear our music. I believe that you
      will help me and the other people who are working day and night to make your
      listening experience better. We all want this to succeed but we can not do it
      without the help of each of you.

      Thank you so much for your past support and for any support you can give us
      in this critical period. We are committed to serving you and your interests.

      For all of the folks connected with THN...The Harmony Network, Thank You!

      Rich Taylor, President, THN...The Harmony Network _www.harmonize.com/thn_
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000-2004
      Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show

      Show Website: _The "APPLAUSE" Show Website_
      for creating THN...The Harmony Network
      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM AM 1620, Village Radio, Upper Montclair, NJ
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...
      Continuous Broadcasting since 1997