Re: Digest Number 2607

  • Alan Gordon
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Tom Ennis <tom@t...> wrote:
      > At 07:32 AM 11/1/2004, you wrote:
      > >Bakersfield is another C&J VICTORY because after being encouraged
      to look
      > >for problems, I couldn't find a single one.
      > >
      > >Jenny Gordon
      >
      > And who are you?

      She's an 18-year member of SAI, and has been barbershopping since she
      was 5 or 6. She has several regional gold medals in chorus, and an
      International Gold with Richtones in 1998.

      She's been coaching for a long time, and has most recently founded a
      brand new SAI chapter in Greenville, SC, that in a year is already
      bringing in more than 50 people at rehearsals.

      As an avid fan, she has crunched numbers and patterns of most
      scoresheets that have come her way.

      She is also a barbershop brat (both parents involved) and has a
      brother in it, too.

      And, I'm guessing on this one, but she's probably just little
      disturbed that there is such heavy negative discussion going on about
      scores and a contest where the numbers pan out when reviewed from
      many angles.

      Alan
      gotchabari@...
    • Lynn Trapp
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
        Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I wonder who that might be? <g>

        > And who are you?

        and has a brother in it, too.

      • Jennifer Gordon
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
          Tom asked-

          "And who are you?"

          I am one of the thousands of Harmonetters that has been asked to believe
          that Bakersfield was a C&J failure--and have endured it for far too long
          now. I am a person who has officially been a barbershopper for 18 years,
          although I was attending contests long before that. I am a person who has
          won an International gold medal. I am a person who has attended countless
          SPEBSQSA and SAI contests (Sorry HI, I'll get there someday). I am a coach.
          I am an arranger. I am an assistant director. I plan to be an SAI judge.
          I am a member of a regional medallist quartet. I am a person who has not
          done as well as I wanted on occasion in competition and didn't call it a
          failure on the part of the judges.

          I am also a person who is sick of seeing judges of any organization called
          "failures" when there is no evidence to support it other than what someone
          keeps telling me "seems" low or high.

          That's who.

          Jenny Gordon

          I apologize to all that are tired of hearing about this in general.
        • Shelley Herman
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
            Are Jenny and Alan Gordon the first brother and sister to get gold medals?

            Shelley A. Herman
            Whittier CA chapter
            saherman@...
          • David Brooks
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
              > Are Jenny and Alan Gordon the first brother and sister to get gold medals?

              Phyllis and Buzz Haeger?

              Cheers,
              David Brooks
              dir. Wellington City Chorus, SAI #35

              ---
            • J Martin
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
                Chris and Tony (DeRosa) Kirkman One chorus, the other quartet!
                In Harmony
                Jack martin