Re: [bbshop] Digest Number 2607

  • Tom Ennis
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
      At 07:32 AM 11/1/2004, you wrote:
      >Bakersfield is another C&J VICTORY because after being encouraged to look
      >for problems, I couldn't find a single one.
      >
      >Jenny Gordon

      And who are you?

      --Tom
    • Alan Gordon
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Tom Ennis <tom@t...> wrote:
        > At 07:32 AM 11/1/2004, you wrote:
        > >Bakersfield is another C&J VICTORY because after being encouraged
        to look
        > >for problems, I couldn't find a single one.
        > >
        > >Jenny Gordon
        >
        > And who are you?

        She's an 18-year member of SAI, and has been barbershopping since she
        was 5 or 6. She has several regional gold medals in chorus, and an
        International Gold with Richtones in 1998.

        She's been coaching for a long time, and has most recently founded a
        brand new SAI chapter in Greenville, SC, that in a year is already
        bringing in more than 50 people at rehearsals.

        As an avid fan, she has crunched numbers and patterns of most
        scoresheets that have come her way.

        She is also a barbershop brat (both parents involved) and has a
        brother in it, too.

        And, I'm guessing on this one, but she's probably just little
        disturbed that there is such heavy negative discussion going on about
        scores and a contest where the numbers pan out when reviewed from
        many angles.

        Alan
        gotchabari@...
      • Lynn Trapp
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
          Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I wonder who that might be? <g>

          > And who are you?

          and has a brother in it, too.

        • Jennifer Gordon
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
            Tom asked-

            "And who are you?"

            I am one of the thousands of Harmonetters that has been asked to believe
            that Bakersfield was a C&J failure--and have endured it for far too long
            now. I am a person who has officially been a barbershopper for 18 years,
            although I was attending contests long before that. I am a person who has
            won an International gold medal. I am a person who has attended countless
            SPEBSQSA and SAI contests (Sorry HI, I'll get there someday). I am a coach.
            I am an arranger. I am an assistant director. I plan to be an SAI judge.
            I am a member of a regional medallist quartet. I am a person who has not
            done as well as I wanted on occasion in competition and didn't call it a
            failure on the part of the judges.

            I am also a person who is sick of seeing judges of any organization called
            "failures" when there is no evidence to support it other than what someone
            keeps telling me "seems" low or high.

            That's who.

            Jenny Gordon

            I apologize to all that are tired of hearing about this in general.
          • Shelley Herman
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
              Are Jenny and Alan Gordon the first brother and sister to get gold medals?

              Shelley A. Herman
              Whittier CA chapter
              saherman@...
            • David Brooks
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
                > Are Jenny and Alan Gordon the first brother and sister to get gold medals?

                Phyllis and Buzz Haeger?

                Cheers,
                David Brooks
                dir. Wellington City Chorus, SAI #35

                ---
              • J Martin
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
                  Chris and Tony (DeRosa) Kirkman One chorus, the other quartet!
                  In Harmony
                  Jack martin