RE: [bbshop] Re: SAI time between quartets

  • Schleier, Tom @ ACSSD
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
      Have the SAI convention planners ever thought of getting an EMCEE for the
      contests instead of a presenter? It might make the time between competitors
      go quicker for the audience, and keep the audience in a light mood for the
      next competitor.

      I was frankly bored with the long extreme nothingness between competitors.

      Any thoughts?

      Tom Schleier
      EMCEE
      Bari - Spirit Of Phoenix Chorus
      Good barbershop is just like good coffee - Stimulating and impossible to
      sleep after!
      tom.schleier@...
      Phone (623) 445-6641 Pager: (602) 204-0119 Fax: (623) 445-7003

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER. This message, together with
      attachments, is for the confidential and exclusive use of the addressee. If
      you receive it in error, please delete the message and its attachments from
      your system immediately and notify us by return e-mail. Do not disclose,
      copy, circulate or use any information contained in this e-mail. (1) The
      content of this e-mail is to be read subject to ACSS terms of business, as
      applicable. (2) E-mail may be intercepted or affected by viruses and ACSS
      accepts no responsibility for any interception or liability for any form of
      viruses introduced by this e-mail. (3) The sender shall remain solely
      accountable for any statements, representations or opinions that are clearly
      his or her own and not made in the course of employment.

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 2, 2004
        Although I do enjoy a really talented Emcee who is good at telling jokes
        and making us laugh, I also get very put off by those that "insist" we
        stop talking to one another so we can hear them ramble on with church
        bulletins and other such "jokes." I've even heard emcees "shush" people
        during contest so they could read their next page of one liners ... I
        found that to be quite offensive.

        Personally, I would much rather have that time to talk with my
        audience-mates about what we just saw or heard from a contestant.

        I'm pretty sure Tom was talking to the webcast and for those folks, I
        imagine it would get pretty dull in between, but that's my thought from
        being in a live audience anyway.

        Wendy McCoole