Re: [bbshop] Question: what is the "body English"?

  • Joe De Felice
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
      B'lieve it's merely movements which say something....
      like .... go away - come here - hullo gorgeous - I am open to ideas, etc.

      Not referring to your mahvulous personal structure dearie. ;-)

      Joe

      At 11/1/2004 08:24 AM, Debi Cox wrote:

      >Hi -
      >
      >I've seen the term "body english" several times in recent SAI
      >descriptions of the contests (thanks for the reports, can't wait to see the
      >videos!). I have used the contexts to try and work out what it means, but
      >would love to know the correct definition!
      >
      >Thanks,
      >
      >Debi Cox
      >MD, Capital Connection, LABBS
      >...hoping it's just a transatlantic vocabulary issue, 'cos I have an "english
      >body" but as far as I'm aware it doesn't help my barbershop presentation
      >much!

      >---
      >Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

    • John Witmer
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
        At 08:24 AM 11/1/2004, Debi Cox wrote:

        >I've seen the term "body english" several times in recent SAI
        >descriptions of the contests (thanks for the reports, can't wait to see the
        >videos!). I have used the contexts to try and work out what it means, but
        >would love to know the correct definition!

        Hey Debi,
        I believe it comes from an old "pool hall" term in which you changed the
        action on the table by putting a little spin (ie english) on the ball.
        Hence,"body english" refers to turning the body to somehow change the
        impact of the words.

        Chordially, John