Question: what is the "body english"?

  • Debi Cox
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi -

      I've seen the term "body english" several times in recent SAI
      descriptions of the contests (thanks for the reports, can't wait to see the
      videos!). I have used the contexts to try and work out what it means, but
      would love to know the correct definition!

      Thanks,

      Debi Cox
      MD, Capital Connection, LABBS
      ...hoping it's just a transatlantic vocabulary issue, 'cos I have an "english
      body" but as far as I'm aware it doesn't help my barbershop presentation
      much!

    • Joe De Felice
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
        B'lieve it's merely movements which say something....
        like .... go away - come here - hullo gorgeous - I am open to ideas, etc.

        Not referring to your mahvulous personal structure dearie. ;-)

        Joe

        At 11/1/2004 08:24 AM, Debi Cox wrote:

        >Hi -
        >
        >I've seen the term "body english" several times in recent SAI
        >descriptions of the contests (thanks for the reports, can't wait to see the
        >videos!). I have used the contexts to try and work out what it means, but
        >would love to know the correct definition!
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >Debi Cox
        >MD, Capital Connection, LABBS
        >...hoping it's just a transatlantic vocabulary issue, 'cos I have an "english
        >body" but as far as I'm aware it doesn't help my barbershop presentation
        >much!

        >---
        >Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

      • John Witmer
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
          At 08:24 AM 11/1/2004, Debi Cox wrote:

          >I've seen the term "body english" several times in recent SAI
          >descriptions of the contests (thanks for the reports, can't wait to see the
          >videos!). I have used the contexts to try and work out what it means, but
          >would love to know the correct definition!

          Hey Debi,
          I believe it comes from an old "pool hall" term in which you changed the
          action on the table by putting a little spin (ie english) on the ball.
          Hence,"body english" refers to turning the body to somehow change the
          impact of the words.

          Chordially, John