Re: [bbshop] Annual show librettos

  • Dick Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 1903
      on 11/01/2004 6:31 AM, wmgcarson@... at wmgcarson@... wrote:

      > Annual shows of small chapters, without the resources to produce original
      > shows, profited by these. "Remember Radio" and "Phantom of the Barbershop"
      > were
      > probably produced by 30 chapters.
      >
      > I'm inclined to do a new libretto. Suggestions for themes would be
      > appreciated.

      - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      How about "Remember When?" -- weaving together a string
      of great nostalgic melodies/stories about a time when lives,
      and good solid BBShop charts, were simple and abundant!

      (8^D)

      DJ in MT
    • Dick Johnson
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 1903
        on 11/01/2004 6:31 AM, wmgcarson@... at wmgcarson@... wrote:

        > I'm inclined to do a new libretto. Suggestions for themes would be
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Grant Carson

        - - - - - - -

        PS: Do yourself - and the hundreds of less professional
        Chapters - a big favor. Write it with an EMCEE - and let
        the guys do what they do best - SING!

        DJ in MT
      • wmgcarson@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2004
          Do you remember when SPB . . . (sorry, BHS) encouraged and published
          librettos for annual shows? "Remember Radio?" "Phantom of the Barbershop?"
          "Grandpa's Attic?" "Irving Berlin?"

        • DAMTROYOH@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
            Grant, for next year Miami-Shelby Chapter is preparing a show based on
            Nursery Rhymes. We discussed two possible themes, the other being Burma Shave Signs.
            I think that could be a pretty humorous show and the staging shouldn't be to
            difficult for any size chapter.

            Dale McKinney

            PS: our 50th show is Nov 19th & 20th, 2004 and we are re-staging skits and
            songs that came from many of our earlier shows.