Re: [bbshop] The Virtual Gramophone - Canadian Historical Sound Recordings

  • Joe De Felice
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2004
      Mike, let me add my thanks. I spent some time on this this
      weekend and really enjoyed the recordings. Also liked
      the comedy bits by one Mr. Berliner about Mr. Cohen.
      Old vaudeville comedian bits that are great.
      The instrumentals put you back in time as do the vocals.

      One really has to wonder (not that what we do now isn't
      infinitely better) just what the Preservation we speak of is.
      Every pre-Society quartet, and there's a bunch of them there,
      had long solos and plenty of instruments. Of course the
      recorded voices were tinny and not as polished as now, but
      the product was not what we do today, except for the harmony.

      SHOWGLOW Joe ( Hi Soreils)