Re: [bbshop] My apologies

  • Annette Beamish
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
      Hi Chris et al

      It takes a big man to give such an apology. I can understand how you would
      mis-interpret the situation, however, there is one other reason for going
      through the process like that even knowing that you'll have to bow out of
      the finals. Making top 10 (or actually, I believe top 15) means they
      automatically get to compete in next years international, where, God
      willing, Christal will be completely healthy and cheering for her Mum. :o)

      I had missed most of the webcast finals so my main worry was that something
      bad had happened to make Crystal Clear bow out. Boy, am I happy to know it
      was just work!! I had fears that Chris had gone into early labour or worse.
      I'm glad everything is fine and I am looking forward to seeing them again
      next year.

      WAY TO GO CRYSTAL CLEAR!!!

      Annette
    • Stu Wineberg
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2007
        To all members of the Harmonet:

        I hereby tender my sincere apologies for a stupid error. I was
        totally off my head when I wrote that Sweet Adeline was written by
        Meredith Wilson. I confused that song with Lida Rose which was
        written by Meredith Wilson and which a great many barbershoppers (and
        non-barbershoppers too) believe is an "Old song"

        I really ought to check my own facts before posting (DUH!),

        Stu Wineberg

        I'd like to teach the world to sing
        in four part harmony (Barbershop of course!)

      • barbershopboy
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 6, 2007
          . . . and in the wonderful Harmonet tradition of "piling on" and
          sending pointless posts to the entire group and not privately . . .
          Willson is spelled with TWO "L"s.

          You should be SO asahamed !!!!!!!!!!

          LOL

          i couldn't avoid it, sorry Stu.
          Hope to see you in Nashville, my buddy.

          gk

          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Stu Wineberg <harmonet@...> wrote:

          > To all members of the Harmonet:
          >
          > I hereby tender my sincere apologies for a stupid error. I was
          > totally off my head when I wrote that Sweet Adeline was written by
          > Meredith Wilson. I confused that song with Lida Rose which was
          > written by Meredith Wilson and which a great many barbershoppers
          (and
          > non-barbershoppers too) believe is an "Old song"
          >
          > I really ought to check my own facts before posting (DUH!),
          >
          > Stu Wineberg
          >
          > I'd like to teach the world to sing
          > in four part harmony (Barbershop of course!)
          >

          > --
          05/11/2007 19:11

        • Djbqpa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6, 2007
            In a message dated 11/6/07 7:41:00 AM, harmonet@... writes:

            > ( Snip )
            >

            > " . . . . .Lida Rose which was written by Meredith Wilson and
            > which a great many barbershoppers (and non-barbershoppers too)
            > believe is an "Old song."

            In most respects, it is. Proving, of course, that it is the form and
            substance (chord structure/variety) that defines our style.

            Dick Johnson
            Great Falls, MT