Zamboni Brothers

  • hadyougoing
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 4, 2004
      Looks like we have a new quartet to look out for at this coming
      international contest!

      Anybody know if this quartet would be a good show quartet?
      nash
    • Jim Adams
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 4, 2004
        Since this quartet contains the lead from Riptide, we'll just have to see which quartet chooses to compete.

        Looks like we have a new quartet to look out for at this coming international contest!

        Anybody know if this quartet would be a good show quartet?
        nash

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • hadyougoing
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Adams" <Jim.Adams@S...> wrote:
          > Since this quartet contains the lead from Riptide, we'll just have
          to see which quartet chooses to compete.

          Hmmm... didn't know that.

          I thought Riptide was retired anyway? Is there a chance we could
          see them in Salt Lake City? I thought their bari stepped out to
          pursue chorus directing? What am I missing?

          Speaking of retired quartets... what about Metropolis?

          Can someone help catch me up please?
          nash
        • Jim Adams
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
            Well, they said they were looking for a replacement. I have heard many rumours which span from Dave Calland to Don Barnick. We'll just have to wait for an announcement....

          • Schleier, Tom @ ACSSD
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
              Maybe the Zamboni Brothers can have a shaved ice concession in the lobby!

              Sorry, this should maybe have gone on the BURPS list.

              Tom Schleier
              Bari - Spirit Of Phoenix Chorus
              Good barbershop is just like good coffee - Stimulating and impossible to
              sleep after!
              tom.schleier@...
              Phone (623) 445-6641 Pager: (602) 204-0119 Fax: (623) 445-7003

              CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER. This message, together with
              attachments, is for the confidential and exclusive use of the addressee. If
              you receive it in error, please delete the message and its attachments from
              your system immediately and notify us by return e-mail. Do not disclose,
              copy, circulate or use any information contained in this e-mail. (1) The
              content of this e-mail is to be read subject to ACSS terms of business, as
              applicable. (2) E-mail may be intercepted or affected by viruses and ACSS
              accepts no responsibility for any interception or liability for any form of
              viruses introduced by this e-mail. (3) The sender shall remain solely
              accountable for any statements, representations or opinions that are clearly
              his or her own and not made in the course of employment.

              Well, they said they were looking for a replacement. I have heard many
              rumours which span from Dave Calland to Don Barnick. We'll just have to wait
              for an announcement....

              > Since this quartet contains the lead from Riptide, we'll just have
              to see which quartet chooses to compete.

              Hmmm... didn't know that.

              I thought Riptide was retired anyway? Is there a chance we could
              see them in Salt Lake City? I thought their bari stepped out to
              pursue chorus directing? What am I missing?

              Speaking of retired quartets... what about Metropolis?

              Can someone help catch me up please?
              nash

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Chris Yates
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
                Here's the answer to the "whatever happened to Metropolis" question.
                From the FWD Rumors and Random Data page:

                http://spebsqsafwd.org/html/randomrumors.html

                (Sept 22) New Baritone for Metropolis
                Metropolis is pleased to announce the addition of Kelly Shepard to our
                roster as our new baritone. As many of you are aware, Kelly has been a
                perennial FWD District Champion and Medalist on multiple parts and a
                gold medal chorus baritone and section leader in the Masters of
                Harmony. It was due to his previously proven capabilities that we had
                chosen him to stand in for Mike on our trip to New Zealand, for which
                he has learned the totality of our show repertoire.

                Kelly began singing and performing at an early age and he has sung
                professionally for 17 years in venues ranging from Busch Gardens in
                Williamsburg, VA to singing in civic and professional operas and
                musical productions. Kelly also holds a degree in Music Education from
                the Indiana University School of Music and is currently the Department
                Chair of Theatre Arts for Milken Community High School in Los Angeles
                and we truly feel that he has a great deal to bring to the quartet as
                a whole.

                He will be taking Mike's place in our roster for our upcoming shows
                starting by Mid-October and will make his International debut at
                Midwinter this coming January.

                We'd also like to publicly thank the the other guys who auditioned -
                they were all of very high quality and this was not an easy choice to
                make. We are certainly blessed to have so many talented singers in the
                FWD, and while any of these guys would have made a wonderful addition,
                Kelly happened to be the right all-around fit for our quartet. We're
                very grateful to the other candidates for sharing their time and
                talents with us and wish them the absolute best in their pursuit of
                quartetting.

                Please join us in welcoming Kelly to Metropolis!

                Pax, harmonia,

                Brian Philbin
                Bass, Metropolis

                Chris Yates, Bass, Limited Edition, Alexandria Harmonizers, and
                lifetime member of the Cambridge Chord Company (BABS).

                --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "hadyougoing" <rowdynashville@h...> wrote:

                > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Adams" <Jim.Adams@S...> wrote:
                > > Since this quartet contains the lead from Riptide, we'll just have
                > to see which quartet chooses to compete.
                >

                > Hmmm... didn't know that.
                >
                > I thought Riptide was retired anyway? Is there a chance we could
                > see them in Salt Lake City? I thought their bari stepped out to
                > pursue chorus directing? What am I missing?
                >
                > Speaking of retired quartets... what about Metropolis?
                >
                > Can someone help catch me up please?
                > nash
              • Matt Swann
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
                  wrote:
                  > I thought Riptide was retired anyway? Is there a chance we could
                  > see them in Salt Lake City? I thought their bari stepped out to
                  > pursue chorus directing? What am I missing?

                  Riptide is still VERY much alive and well. They have already
                  selected a new baritone and are rehearsing with him, although they
                  prefer not to make his identity public yet.

                  I highly recommend we up the peer pressure and start making rumors
                  about who it is. I'll officially add to the list:

                  Eric King back on tenor, Rick Taylor on baritone
                  Brad Hine
                  Brandon Guyton
                  Don Barnick

                  Matt Swann
                  Allen, TX
                  Baritone, the Vocal Majority
                  http://www.vocalmajority.com
                  Baritone, the Texas Millionaires Chorus
                  http://www.texasmillionaires.com
                  Baritone, HEAT, 2003 Intl College Quartet Champs
                  http://www.geocities.com/vmfaninflorida/HEAT.html
                • Alan Gordon
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
                    > Eric King back on tenor, Rick Taylor on baritone
                    > Brad Hine
                    > Brandon Guyton
                    > Don Barnick

                    I thought it was me, but I could be mistaken... =)

                    Mike Slamka?

                    Alan
                    gotchabari@...
                  • bbshopbangy
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
                      My guesses are:

                      Clay Hine
                      Fred Farrell
                      Matt Swann

                      Steve B.
                      East York barbershoppers

                    • rich_hasty@sbcglobal.net
                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
                        How 'bout Joe Connelly on Baritone?

                        Rich

                        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "bbshopbangy" <bbshopbangy@y...>
                        wrote:

                        > My guesses are:
                        >
                        > Clay Hine
                        > Fred Farrell
                        > Matt Swann
                        >

                        > Steve B.
                        > East York barbershoppers
                        >
                        > > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "hadyougoing"
                        <rowdynashville@h...>
                        > > wrote:
                        >
                        > Riptide is still VERY much alive and well. They have already
                        > selected a new baritone and are rehearsing with him, although they
                        > prefer not to make his identity public yet.
                        >
                        > I highly recommend we up the peer pressure and start making rumors
                        > about who it is.
                      • Matt Swann
                        Message 11 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
                          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "bbshopbangy" <bbshopbangy@y...> wrote:

                          > My guesses are:
                          >
                          > Clay Hine
                          > Fred Farrell
                          > Matt Swann

                          HA! Not quite yet, I've got a few more decades of learning and
                          practicing to do before I slug it with the big wigs. Wow, Fred
                          Farrell and Clay Hine! I'm honored just to be on the list with two
                          of my heroes!

                          Matt Swann
                          Allen, TX
                          Baritone, The Vocal Majority
                          http://www.vocalmajority.com
                          Baritone, The Texas Millionaires Chorus
                          http://www.texasmillionaires.com
                          Baritone, HEAT, 2003 Intl College Quartet Champion
                          http://www.geocities.com/vmfaninflorida/HEAT.html
                        • h.mcintosh@comcast.net
                          Message 12 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
                            I could see Joel Wilson (of Michgan Jake) rounding out that foursome nicely!!

                            H.L."Mac" McIntosh
                            Clovis, CA
                            Lead/Webmaster - Sound Heritage
                            http://soundheritage.isfriendly.com
                            Tenor - AAR&P (a senior quartet)
                            http://AARnP.lovesmusic.com
                            Lead/Webmaster - The Gold Note Chorus
                            http://gnc.lovesmusic.com
                            Tenor/Webmaster - The Jubilation
                            Singers
                            http://jubilationsingers.athome.to
                            Owner/Webmaster - McGraphics Plus
                            http://McGraphicsPlus.com

                            > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "bbshopbangy" wrote:
                            > >
                            > > My guesses are:
                            > >
                            > > Clay Hine
                            > > Fred Farrell
                            > > Matt Swann
                            >
                            > HA! Not quite yet, I've got a few more decades of learning and
                            > practicing to do before I slug it with the big wigs. Wow, Fred
                            > Farrell and Clay Hine! I'm honored just to be on the list with two
                            > of my heroes!
                            >
                            > Matt Swann
                            > Allen, TX
                            > Baritone, The Vocal Majority
                            > http://www.vocalmajority.com
                            > Baritone, The Texas Millionaires Chorus
                            > http://www.texasmillionaires.com
                            > Baritone, HEAT, 2003 Intl College Quartet Champion
                            > http://www.geocities.com/vmfaninflorida/HEAT.html

                          • Bill Byrd
                            Message 13 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
                              My guess, rick Taylor as the new bari, and EK returns as tenor,
                              Bill Byrd

                              >From: h.mcintosh@...
                              >To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Riptides New Baritone
                              >Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:51:33 +0000
                              >

                              >I could see Joel Wilson (of Michgan Jake) rounding out that foursome
                              >nicely!!
                              >
                              >H.L."Mac" McIntosh
                              >Clovis, CA
                              >Lead/Webmaster - Sound Heritage
                              >http://soundheritage.isfriendly.com
                              >Tenor - AAR&P (a senior quartet)
                              >http://AARnP.lovesmusic.com
                              >Lead/Webmaster - The Gold Note Chorus
                              >http://gnc.lovesmusic.com
                              >Tenor/Webmaster - The Jubilation
                              >Singers
                              >http://jubilationsingers.athome.to
                              >Owner/Webmaster - McGraphics Plus
                              >http://McGraphicsPlus.com

                              > > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "bbshopbangy" wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > My guesses are:
                              > > >
                              > > > Clay Hine
                              > > > Fred Farrell
                              > > > Matt Swann
                              > >
                              > > HA! Not quite yet, I've got a few more decades of learning and
                              > > practicing to do before I slug it with the big wigs. Wow, Fred
                              > > Farrell and Clay Hine! I'm honored just to be on the list with two
                              > > of my heroes!
                              > >
                              > > Matt Swann
                              > > Allen, TX
                              > > Baritone, The Vocal Majority
                              > > http://www.vocalmajority.com
                              > > Baritone, The Texas Millionaires Chorus
                              > > http://www.texasmillionaires.com
                              > > Baritone, HEAT, 2003 Intl College Quartet Champion
                              > > http://www.geocities.com/vmfaninflorida/HEAT.html
                              > >

                              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              >Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • John Elving
                              Message 14 of 22 , Oct 5, 2004
                                Seems to me there is also a baritone from the FWD who is in that area
                                now and not currently singing in a quartet. Mike McGee, recently of
                                Metropolis could fill in pretty well.

                                Sing-cerely & Humm-bly,

                                John Elving mailto:leaderman@...
                                Rapid City, South Dakota
                              • ektenor
                                Message 15 of 22 , Oct 6, 2004
                                  "Not I" said the bald tenor just north east of Atlanta.
                                  I am not sure they have made a decision yet.
                                  I know that once they do, they'll let us know.
                                  I think that was basically the last communication we all received
                                  from them.

                                  EK
                                  (the "Eric King" referenced below)

                                  --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Gordon" <gotchabari@j...> wrote:

                                  > > Eric King back on tenor, Rick Taylor on baritone
                                  > > Brad Hine
                                  > > Brandon Guyton
                                  > > Don Barnick
                                  >
                                  > I thought it was me, but I could be mistaken... =)
                                  >
                                  > Mike Slamka?
                                  >
                                  > Alan
                                  > gotchabari@j...
                                • sevan30512
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Mar 14 12:12 PM
                                    Can anyone tell me the names and parts sung by the Zamboni Brothers in
                                    the Dixie District?

                                    SEvans
                                  • Bradley Hine
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Mar 14 12:35 PM
                                      SEvans,

                                      Zamboni Brothers are:

                                      tenor - Allen Reynolds
                                      lead - Tim Reynolds
                                      bari - Brad Hine
                                      bass - Brian Williams

                                      From the Big Chicken Chorus (Marietta, GA), Atlanta Vocal Project (Atlanta Metro Chapter), and Voices of the South (Central Alabama Chapter).

                                      Brad Hine

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Mar 14 1:03 PM
                                        Tenor - Allen Reynolds
                                        Lead - Tim Reynolds
                                        Bari - Brad Hine
                                        Bass - Brian Williams

                                        Travis Murray
                                        Bari - Quadzilla
                                        http://www.quadzillasings.com

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Dec 1, 2006
                                          I just returned home from a program here in Huntsville, AL called A
                                          Festival of Sacred Christmas Music. Groups featured on the program
                                          included college choirs, an ensemble from the community chorus, solos,
                                          ukelele band, violin, harp, etc. One of the ensembles was Voices of Lee
                                          who sang at our international convention.

                                          The most musical and best received group, however, was the Zamboni
                                          Brothers, the Dixie District Quartet Champion from a couple of years ago.
                                          Lead Tim Reynolds of Riptide fame was flawless as usual and was
                                          excellently accompanied by brother Allen Reynolds on tenor. Brian
                                          Williams blended in with his warm, solid bass and regular baritone Brad
                                          Hine was replaced for this performance by brother Clay of FRED and
                                          director of Atlanta Vocal Project. Clay is one of the most talented men in
                                          our Society. What a sound! and what a performance.

                                          Their program included several traditional Christmas hymns as well as some
                                          other medleys and songs.These charts had some truly beautiful arrangements
                                          many of which I had not heard. This quartet's perfect harmony and crowd
                                          appeal made them the hit of the festival.

                                          As a 55 year barbershopper, I was so proud that they chose to bill
                                          themselves as a Barbershop Quartet and members of the BHS.

                                          Thanks Zamboni Brothers and I hope you will return next year. I hope to
                                          see you at prelims in March, 2007.

                                          Dave Brennan
                                          Nashville, TN Chapter
                                          Baritone: "Times Gone Bye" 2006 Dixie Senior Quartet Champ
                                          Baritone: "South Winds" 1972 Dixie District Quartet Champ
                                        • Richard Word
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Dec 2, 2006
                                            Thanks, Dave, for the excellent Zamboni plug!
                                            We are pretty darn proud that Zamboni Brothers are all members of
                                            Atlanta Vocal Project. We love 'em too! I'm afraid you won't be able
                                            to hear them at 2007 prelims though; their priorities are elsewhere
                                            than competing further together.
                                            But you CAN hear them this next Saturday (December 9th) doing an
                                            afternoon and evening performance for AVP's second annual Christmas
                                            Show, along with Sweet Adelines Region 23's recent Vegas
                                            representative, Song of Atlanta (and of course, Atlanta Vocal
                                            Project, singing more of Clay's cool Christmas charts). I guarantee
                                            you'll have a great time!
                                            For tickets, see our website at www.atlantavocalproject.com. Lot's
                                            of good seats are still available, and (honestly) we could use the
                                            dough to help get to Denver next summer. Heck, aside from that, we
                                            just want a great barbershop audience to sing to! Hope to see you
                                            there!
                                            In Harmony,
                                            Rick Word
                                            President, Atlanta Metro Chapter
                                            Home of the Atlanta Vocal Project
                                            --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "David K. Brennan" <baridave@...>
                                            wrote:

                                            > I just returned home from a program here in Huntsville, AL called
                                            > Festival of Sacred Christmas Music. Groups featured on the
                                            program
                                            > included college choirs, an ensemble from the community chorus,
                                            solos,
                                            > ukelele band, violin, harp, etc. One of the ensembles was Voices
                                            of Lee
                                            > who sang at our international convention.
                                            >
                                            > The most musical and best received group, however, was the Zamboni
                                            > Brothers, the Dixie District Quartet Champion from a couple of
                                            years ago.
                                            > Lead Tim Reynolds of Riptide fame was flawless as usual and was
                                            > excellently accompanied by brother Allen Reynolds on tenor. Brian
                                            > Williams blended in with his warm, solid bass and regular baritone
                                            Brad
                                            > Hine was replaced for this performance by brother Clay of FRED and
                                            > director of Atlanta Vocal Project. Clay is one of the most
                                            talented men in
                                            > our Society. What a sound! and what a performance.
                                            >
                                            > Their program included several traditional Christmas hymns as well
                                            as some
                                            > other medleys and songs.These charts had some truly beautiful
                                            arrangements
                                            > many of which I had not heard. This quartet's perfect harmony and
                                            crowd
                                            > appeal made them the hit of the festival.
                                            >
                                            > As a 55 year barbershopper, I was so proud that they chose to bill
                                            > themselves as a Barbershop Quartet and members of the BHS.
                                            >
                                            > Thanks Zamboni Brothers and I hope you will return next year. I
                                            hope to
                                            > see you at prelims in March, 2007.
                                            >
                                            > Dave Brennan
                                            > Nashville, TN Chapter
                                            > Baritone: "Times Gone Bye" 2006 Dixie Senior Quartet Champ
                                            > Baritone: "South Winds" 1972 Dixie District Quartet Champ

                                          • Brad Hine
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Dec 2, 2006
                                              David,

                                              Thanks for the props, and I am glad you liked the show. I have heard nothing but great things from everyone involved. As luck would have it, work reared it's ugly head and I wasn't able to make the trek with z-brothers. Luckily, help is only a phone call away to another brother to fill-in...thanks, Clay.

                                              I was really awe-struck to see the amount of work that the musical community of Huntsville, AL put into this. The production promoters really outdid themselves getting the word out to the public. You can bet if we are asked to return next year that we will be there.

                                              Brad Hine
                                              Atlanta Vocal Project
                                              Zamboni Brothers

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Dec 2, 2006