Re: Webcast

  • gopherpellets
    Message 1 of 194 , Jul 2, 2004
      If they want to make it a subscription or pay-per-view situation,
      that's fine. It probably should be. But, as long as it's free, I'll
      milk it for all it's worth.

      S. Olson

      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Joni Bescos" <jbescos@f...> wrote:
      > I'm sure this will be an unpopular suggestion to some, but I can't
      > believe all those people are connected to the website and just
      > blowing off the requests for donations. I have told the Society
      that
      > I believe the webcast should be a subscription event, and that the
      > cost should be a convention registration. I couldn't go to
      > Louisville, so I am delighted to be able to get the benefit of
      > hearing and seeing the contest, even if on a tiny screen, for the
      > donation I mailed--the equivalent of a convention registration. I
      > didn't have to pay airfare, hotel, or meal costs so I'm coming out
      > way ahead financially. I'm losing the live experience and the
      > ability to share it with fellow convention attendees. If I could
      be
      > there, I would (next year!). Some will say they only want to see
      > certain performers, or certain events. Fine. There's also a
      single-
      > ticket price. If we were there, we'd be paying no matter how much
      we
      > attended. I know from Sweet Adelines that the cost of producing
      this
      > webcast is staggering. Neither organization owes viewers a free
      > ride. It's a wonderful service, and we the beneficiaries need to
      > share the expense of providing it to us.
    • themcalexanders
      Message 194 of 194 , Jun 23
        Sorry, Chuck, there was no conspiracy theory here -- The price had already been published, only the registration process itself was not yet available.  As of yesterday, it has now been enabled.

        And while the cost is not trivial, when you divide it out by the number of hours of entertainment it provides, it's much cheaper than even a community theater ticket.

        And if the cost is a problem, find some like-minded friends to share the cost, and have a days-long webcast party.  I've been to one, and they're a lot of fun!

        Ann McAlexander
        Melodeers and Capital City (SAI)
        Associate, HI
        BHS wife, mom, and Associate
        I'll be cheering my guys from the seats -- Ohana Means Family, Midwest Vocal Express, and Circle City Sound!

        ---In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, <Cpinspect@...> wrote :

        Probably, because they are dramatically raising the cost and don't want to publish until the last minute.......for OBVIOUS reasons?   You have little choice at a late date!