Re: Webcast

  • gopherpellets
    Message 1 of 185 , Jul 2, 2004
      If they want to make it a subscription or pay-per-view situation,
      that's fine. It probably should be. But, as long as it's free, I'll
      milk it for all it's worth.

      S. Olson

      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Joni Bescos" <jbescos@f...> wrote:
      > I'm sure this will be an unpopular suggestion to some, but I can't
      > believe all those people are connected to the website and just
      > blowing off the requests for donations. I have told the Society
      that
      > I believe the webcast should be a subscription event, and that the
      > cost should be a convention registration. I couldn't go to
      > Louisville, so I am delighted to be able to get the benefit of
      > hearing and seeing the contest, even if on a tiny screen, for the
      > donation I mailed--the equivalent of a convention registration. I
      > didn't have to pay airfare, hotel, or meal costs so I'm coming out
      > way ahead financially. I'm losing the live experience and the
      > ability to share it with fellow convention attendees. If I could
      be
      > there, I would (next year!). Some will say they only want to see
      > certain performers, or certain events. Fine. There's also a
      single-
      > ticket price. If we were there, we'd be paying no matter how much
      we
      > attended. I know from Sweet Adelines that the cost of producing
      this
      > webcast is staggering. Neither organization owes viewers a free
      > ride. It's a wonderful service, and we the beneficiaries need to
      > share the expense of providing it to us.
    • Bill Kruse
      Message 185 of 185 , Jul 4, 2014
         Is the chorus webcast on yet?  I'm still just getting twitter messages.
        WILLIAM S. KRUSE - Westchester Chordsmen, The Alliance, Capt'n Billy's Whizbang, Freshmen Again!, Heartfelt, Music VP, Hall of Honor 2013