REVEILLE

  • EGPDIR@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2004
      Does anybody know how REVEILLE did in the SUN PRELIMS ?? Maybe the M-AD
      will be sending another quartet ?? let's hope so !! If anybody knows, pass
      it along !! thanks alot !!

      ERIC G PHILLIPS
      EGPDIR@...

    • sunbursteditor@tampabay.rr.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2004
        REVEILLE scored high enough in the Sunshine Prelims Semi-Finals held Friday night to advance to the Finals which will be held tonight. All the winners of the Sunshine District Convention are posted soon after they after posted on the district website, http://www.sunshinedistrict.org Check there for updates!

        Jeff Ulrich
        Editor - The Sunburst
        Sunshine District SPEBSQSA

        > Does anybody know how REVEILLE did in the SUN PRELIMS ?? Maybe
        > the M-AD
        > will be sending another quartet ?? let's hope so !! If
        > anybody knows, pass
        > it along !! thanks alot !!
        >

        > ERIC G PHILLIPS
        > EGPDIR@...

      • DTM
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2004
          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, EGPDIR@a... wrote:
          > Does anybody know how REVEILLE did in the SUN PRELIMS ?? Maybe
          the M-AD
          > will be sending another quartet ?? let's hope so !! If
          anybody knows, pass
          > it along !! thanks alot !!
          >

          > ERIC G PHILLIPS
          > EGPDIR@A...

          If Reveille qualifies, and I hope they do, it won't be as a quartet
          from M-AD. By their own statements not too long ago (In the past
          couple weeks I think) they have opted to represent the Bolton Landing
          chapter and the North East District.

          We can still be proud of them here in M-AD though. ;)

          -Daryl T. Meek
          Quartet Development Guy
          Morris Music Men, M-AD
        • Travis Murray
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2004
            Still a little early, Eric (it's only Saturday morning). Gotta wait until tomorrow (or late tonight). Check http://www.sunshinedistrict.org/news.php for updates.

            Travis Murray

            -----Original Message from EGPDIR@...-----

            Does anybody know how REVEILLE did in the SUN PRELIMS ?? Maybe the M-AD
            will be sending another quartet ?? let's hope so !! If anybody knows, pass
            it along !! thanks alot !!

            ERIC G PHILLIPS
            EGPDIR@...

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • rogsp10r@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 3, 2004
              In a message dated 5/1/2004 8:03:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              darylmeek@... writes:
              If Reveille qualifies, and I hope they do, it won't be as a quartet
              from M-AD. By their own statements not too long ago (In the past
              couple weeks I think) they have opted to represent the Bolton Landing
              chapter and the North East District We can still be proud of them here in
              M-AD though. ;)

              On behalf of Reveille, let me say that we certainly plan to represent all our
              fans and friends from the MidAtlantic District this year at International as
              well as those in NED.

              Please do be proud of us; this was a tough spring, and we are really
              delighted that we were able to sustain and even improve our level and qualify again
              for the Big Dance. We hope you'll be even prouder that we've chosen to champion
              a cause like the Bolton Landing Festival as part of our effort this year. It's
              such a great institution, we really want to help it continue and thrive!

              Understand that by rule, a quartet can represent only one District in the
              International contest, so in order to carry the BL flag, we had to designate
              ourselves as an NED quartet this year. We nonetheless will proudly represent the
              Manhattan chapter, our primary barbershop home and family, at International as
              well as Bolton Landing, and hope to make all our MAD supporters proud and
              happy as well..

              We're privileged to be going, and even more privileged to have so many people
              from so many cool places supporting us! We also would like to thank the
              leaders and members of the Sunshine District for their extraordinary hospitality
              and welcome this past weekend. Hopefully we acquired some new friends and fans
              there as well!

              Onward and upward!

              Roger Payne
              for
              Reveille

            • Andrew Borts
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2004
                Reveille has a TON to be proud of!

                Roger is doing GREAT - their performance in the Sunshine District
                was SOO wonderful to watch over the weekend (and FOLLOW into the
                afterglow rooms!) their rendition of "One for my Baby, and One more
                for the road" had people stopping their breathing in the audience
                waiting for them to sing through a "Fermata" (you know - where we
                all stop for coffee in the middle of a song!). John is a really
                magnificent Lead. It's SOO cool to see an amazing example of this
                performance RANGE - laughing your head off in one moment, then
                stopping your heart in the next so you don't miss the next beat of a
                song. You guys are going to steal the show in Louisville - but you
                guys are used to that. :-)

                L'Audible did a great job - SMACKDOWN had SUCH a cool reaction to
                qualifying - I was happy to have shared that with them. Their
                enthusiasm was infectious. Broadway was a wonderful - if not
                LEGENDARY quartet... their Lead has performed at more consecutive
                INTERNATIONAL competitions then ANYONE... wow... now THAT'S
                patience... Our district qualifiers - Wise Guys - those guys have
                improved so much and are really dangerous now... WATCH OUT WORLD!!!
                Rounders - another VERY dangerous group - raned 9th overall. My
                Three Sons should be called "Power Play Junior" without the cousin
                helping out. They could be invited as a wild card. Category 4 -
                are also dangerous... Sunshine district is sending (from our pre-
                lims) 8 quartets (Including out of district!)... I'd like to extend
                the hand of our district (unofficially!!) for anyone that would like
                to fly down sing on a real stage (aren't some of these Pre-Lim's
                still held in Gym's) and share it with some GREAT guys from our
                Sunshine State... you're ALWAYS welcome. Please contact our
                district and ask for "legitimate reasons" for competing out of
                district, and fly down, and enjoy yourselves. :-) If enough of you
                come down, we can call it "Buckeye Junior" he he he...

                Roger and I came up with this plan to shave his head months ago...
                (Glad your feeling better Rog!!)

                -Andrew Borts
                Lead - Hot Shots
                www.4hotshots.com

              • Andrew Borts
                Message 7 of 8 , May 3, 2004
> [...]

                  in the
                  > International contest, so in order to carry the BL flag, we had to
                  designate
                  > ourselves as an NED quartet this year. We nonetheless will proudly
                  represent the
                  > Manhattan chapter, our primary barbershop home and family, at
                  International as
                  > well as Bolton Landing, and hope to make all our MAD supporters
                  proud and
                  > happy as well..
                  >
                  > We're privileged to be going, and even more privileged to have so
                  many people
                  > from so many cool places supporting us! We also would like to
                  thank the
                  > leaders and members of the Sunshine District for their
                  extraordinary hospitality
                  > and welcome this past weekend. Hopefully we acquired some new

                • Andrew Borts
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 3, 2004