Re: The Buckeye Invitational Standard Quartet Contest

  • Alan Gordon
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 4, 2004
      Gotcha! won all categories (sans Women's champs) the same year (1997)
      as MVE's repeat.

      I also highly recommend the weekend for all who get invited. It's
      not just a fun contest, but a very nice city, good lobby singing, and
      some excellent shows.

      Alan
      gotchabari@...

      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Weber <prezmve_2000@y...> wrote:
      > OK I'll Chime in here. The Midwest Vocal Express in 1995 won all
      three catagories and in 1997 won two out of three including Grand
      Champion. We've attended the International for the past 5 years and
      for the past two years we won the 5th Place Bronze Medal. Looking
      forward to Louiseville this year.

      > Tom Weber, Midwest Vocal Express
    • Thomas Weber
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 4, 2004
        I agree with Alan, Buckeye is fun, especially when you win, although winning isn't everything. I still remember singing at the Saturday night show at 12:30am. Boy were we beat, but the audience still loved us. The city is great and the Buckeyes do a great job hosting the contestants. I also would recommend to plan on attending if you are invited to compete. If you want a fun BBS weekend, and are not competing go as a contestant and be an audience judge. You get to help crown the new champs by adding in your score.

        wrote:
        > OK I'll Chime in here. The Midwest Vocal Express in 1995 won all
        three catagories and in 1997 won two out of three including Grand
        Champion. We've attended the International for the past 5 years and
        for the past two years we won the 5th Place Bronze Medal. Looking
        forward to Louiseville this year.

        > Tom Weber, Midwest Vocal Express

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Walt Miller
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 4, 2004
          When they asked for groups that had been Buckeye competitors that
          had gone on to higher fame and fortune....how could I have ever
          forgotten Gotcha!? Sorry, Alan....my bad.

          Walt

          Question: What is scarlet and gray and goes in circles? Answer:
          Buckeye Invitational organizers around this time of year.

          wrote:
          > OK I'll Chime in here. The Midwest Vocal Express in 1995 won
          all
          three catagories and in 1997 won two out of three including Grand
          Champion. We've attended the International for the past 5 years
          and
          for the past two years we won the 5th Place Bronze Medal.
          Looking
          forward to Louiseville this year.

          > Tom Weber, Midwest Vocal Express

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Kim Calland
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 4, 2004
            Another Buckeye success story is Gotcha!

            It didn't take them long to go from the Buckeye to Medals!

            (Sorry I missed you guys in Biloxi! See you in Louisville! Hugs!)

            Kim Calland
            Scioto Valley Chorus
            Region 4 - Columbus, Ohio
            www.harmonize.com/svc
          • Kim
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 4, 2004
              Another Buckeye success story is Gotcha!

              It didn't take them long to go from the Buckeye to the Medals!

              (Sorry I missed you guys in Biloxi! See ya' in Louisville! Hugs!)

              Kim Calland
              Scioto Valley Chorus
              Region 4 - Columbus, Ohio
              www.harmonize.com/svc
            • kkbari
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5, 2004
                AoH (Ambassadors of Harmony) won all 3 categories in 1992 and 2
                years later placed 4th at International.

                A great event put on by a great, great chapter.

                Cheers!

                Kevin Keller
                1992 competitor and 2003 judge

              • dsmithjr@mindspring.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 5, 2004
                  I agree 100% with Kevin!! I had the pleasure of being apart of this great chapter, and every year they seem to go above and beyone the previous year. If there are those of you who haven't had the opportunity to take advatange of this great weekend, I'd jump on the chance this year. You won't regret it!!!

                  Dan Smith, Jr.
                  2003 competitor, 2002 judge, and past member of the Buckeyes! :)

                  AoH (Ambassadors of Harmony) won all 3 categories in 1992 and 2
                  years later placed 4th at International.

                  A great event put on by a great, great chapter.

                  Cheers!

                  Kevin Keller
                  1992 competitor and 2003 judge

                  Yahoo! Groups Links