Re: Hot Shots Quartet asked NOT to perform at next years superbowl!!

  • Matt Swann
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, TenRrose@a... wrote:
      > Folks should be talking about an exciting game
      > and not Ms. Jackson's breast. :-[

      That is part of the point. If the MUSIC were GOOD, then we wouldn't
      have to be shocked into our enthusiasm for it. The reason artists
      nowadays feel they have to shock us constantly by kissing each other,
      stripping, dressing suggestively, etc., is because they don't have
      confidence that their music will be good on it's own merits. And
      they have good reason to think that. Much less innovation today and
      much more regurgitation.

      Or maybe Janet was just trying to momentarily take the heat (no pun
      intended!) off her bro Michael!! (wink, wink.)

      Matt Swann
      Coral Gables, FL
      Baritone and Associate Director, the Miamians Chorus
      http://www.miamians.org
      Choral Studies at the University of Miami
      http://www.music.miami.edu/ChoralStudies
      Baritone, HEAT, 2003 International Collegiate Quartet Champion
      http://hometown.aol.com/HeySaca/HEAT.html
      Had a BLAST in Biloxi, see Y'all in Luh-vul!!!!!!