Re: [bbshop] Downstate Express wins seniors contest

  • Thomas R. Arneberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2004
      > From: Brian <BLynch@...>
      > Date: Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:08:54AM -0000:
      > Subj: [bbshop] Downstate Express wins seniors contest
      >
      > Downstate Express wins seniors championship
      >
      > Downstate Express, representing the Land O Lakes District, captured
      > the 2004 seniors quartet crown Saturday. The quartet was best among
      > 27 competitors in the contest, held at the Society's Midwinter
      > Convention in Biloxi, Mississippi.

      This is great news! Downstate is one of my all-time favorite LOL
      quartets, since they won our district championship in 1982! I can't
      believe they're old enough to qualify for the Seniors, but if so,
      they certainly deserve to win.

      I happen to maintain their web page, if you want to know a little more
      about them:

      http://arneberg.com/bbshop/downstate/

      ...although I just checked, and it hadn't been touched since 1999! I
      just added a blurb about their recent victory. I also added a counter
      just now; I suspect it'll get a lot more traffic soon.

      - Tom A.
      ;-) I'd rather be ____ Thomas Arneberg | Order a Singing Valentine
      :-) singing in a |____| toma@... | in actual four-part harmony!
      :-) Barbershop _| _| SGI ASIC Design | See this web page:
      :-) Quartet! (_) (_) Chip. Falls, WI | http://arneberg.com/singval