Promises

  • Ehink557@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      When the bells ring out at midnight and the year begins anew
      And people start to make their promises to rid the things askew,
      `Twould seem a sad beginning if a pledge cannot be kept
      And find that all those resolutions made were on a year that leapt.

      So one more day of venue that we have to face with might
      Or we may share a sad regret because we failed to stand and fight,
      Yes one more day to spend with all the chosen that are near
      And lending truth to every premise that so many hold so dear.

      The parties with imbibement bringing one more year to close
      Could find so many cheering people making angels in the snows,
      The rockets and the fire works we hear at the stroke of twelve
      Are quite indicative of little silly things in which we delve.

      But nonetheless as father time begins his yearly hike
      To end the former as we share in all the pleasures that we like,
      We are confronted with a time that hasn`t come and never was
      But after all this is a brand new year we`ll cherish just because.

      Polau
      aka
      Shadow wodahS