It's Not Easy Being Green

  • Timothy J Fagan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 11, 2001
      Does anybody know of an arrangement for this song? It was sung by Kermit (of the Muppets) in the Muppet Movie, I believe... Any help will be appreciated. TIA!

      --Timster--

      Timothy J Fagan

      (home) - TimothyJFagan@...
      (work) - tim.fagan@...

      BASS - Off The Shelf (13th place - 2000 DIX Fall Quartet Contest)
      BASS - Triad Harmony Express (4th place - 2000 DIX Fall Chorus Contest)

    • Keith Beasley-Topliffe
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 5, 2012
        I'm looking for an arrangement of Kermit's song....

        --
        Keith Beasley-Topliffe
        Pastor, Liverpool (PA) UMC
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 5, 2012
          I can tell you that "The Most Happy Fellows" recorded an arrangement but I don't know who did the chart. If anyone knows how to contact them maybe they can help you with the rest of the information. I'd like to get in touch with them also: I'm looking for their arrangement of "Alice Blue Gown". I don't know who did that arrangement either. Had an LP of both songs once upon a time... :(
          Rick Word
          Atlanta

          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Keith Beasley-Topliffe <kbeasliffe@...> wrote:

          > I'm looking for an arrangement of Kermit's song....
          >
          > --
          > Keith Beasley-Topliffe
          > Pastor, Liverpool (PA) UMC
          > Tenor, Keystone Capital Chorus (Barbershop Harmony Society)
          > Tenor, Saints & Singers Quartet

        • Bill Kane
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 5, 2012
            Rick - Original bari Bob Jones of Haps did "Alice Blue Gown" arrangement that they sang. Bill KanePhoenix
            To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
            From: rickword@...
            Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 22:22:25 +0000
            Subject: [bbshop] Re: It's Not Easy Being Green

            I can tell you that "The Most Happy Fellows" recorded an arrangement but I don't know who did the chart. If anyone knows how to contact them maybe they can help you with the rest of the information. I'd like to get in touch with them also: I'm looking for their arrangement of "Alice Blue Gown". I don't know who did that arrangement either. Had an LP of both songs once upon a time... :(

            Rick Word

            Atlanta

            --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Keith Beasley-Topliffe <kbeasliffe@...> wrote:

            > I'm looking for an arrangement of Kermit's song....

            > --

            > Keith Beasley-Topliffe

            > Pastor, Liverpool (PA) UMC

            > Tenor, Keystone Capital Chorus (Barbershop Harmony Society)

            > Tenor, Saints & Singers Quartet

          • marty.lovick
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 5, 2012
              contact Jack Lyon bari

              jacklyon@...

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 5, 2012
                yikes .. truncated emails!!! use the first part of my previous posted email address and jack is at comcast dot net
                --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "marty.lovick" <marty.lovick@...> wrote:

                > contact Jack Lyon bari
                >
                > jacklyon@...

              • Bob Shaffer
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 5, 2016
                  Greetings!
                  I'm looking for an arrangement of "It's Not Easy Being Green". I've heard it on Spotify as done by the Most Happy Fellows, but I'm willing to look at other arrangements. Searching the BHS Marketplace returned zero results.
                  Any help is appreciated.

                  In Harmony,

                  Bob Shaffer
                  ​Bari, Backspin Quartet
                  East Valley Harmonizers Chorus
                  (480) 463-3300 office
                  (480) 467-7464 mobile
                • Keith Richmond
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 6, 2016
                    The Haps arrangement was done by the late Lloyd Steinkamp, if memory serves. However, I do not who (if anyone) maintains Steinkamp's arrangement library.  Possibly check with Jack Lyon. Not sure how to reach him.

                    There is also a five part arrangement by Kirk Young (four parts with soloist).  Maybe check with Steve Wolf.  http://wolfstudios.net/

                    On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Bob Shaffer ibbshop7@... [bbshop] <bbshop-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    Greetings!
                    I'm looking for an arrangement of "It's Not Easy Being Green". I've heard it on Spotify as done by the Most Happy Fellows, but I'm willing to look at other arrangements. Searching the BHS Marketplace returned zero results.
                    Any help is appreciated.

                    In Harmony,

                    Bob Shaffer
                    ​Bari, Backspin Quartet
                    East Valley Harmonizers Chorus
                    (480) 463-3300 office
                    (480) 467-7464 mobile

                    --
                    Keith R
                  • High Note Music Industries
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 6, 2016
                      Hi Bob,

                      I have an arrangement of "(It's Not Easy) Bein' Green". You can find it on my website:www.BarbershopCharts.com

                      Let me know if you'd like to know more.

                      Thanks!

                      Jeremey Johnson
                      Composer | Arranger | Consultant | Clinician
                      www.HighNoteMusicIndustries.com
                      224-888--1699

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 7, 2016
                        Thanks for all the suggested arrangement sources.
                        I've had the pleasure of asking a couple of questions on this forum over the past few weeks, and I've received some excellent replies and suggestions. The Harmonet is still a vibrant source of barbershop information.

                        In Harmony,

                        Bob Shaffer
                        Backspin Quartet​
                        East Valley Harmonizers​