Unbelieveable

  • Ehink557@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      I hope I'm not stealing anyone`s thunder but this TRUE story is too good to
      keep. I was told by Bob Franklin, lead of the Sun Tones. I probably won't get
      totally accurate but you'll get the gist.

      During WW1 when many guys were stationed in France a couple of guys were in
      their tent singing a little duet when another guy heard this and walked in and
      sang the third part. Shortly thereafter another GI heard the music and joined
      them to form a quartet. Now so far that`s not too unusual. Here`s the kicker.
      The first guy to join the twosome was Bob Franklin`s dad. Unusual? Maybe not,
      but the forth guy was Harlan Wilson`s father. Believe it or not. I f you don't
      know, Harlan sang bari in the Sun Tones who incidentally were a smash hit at
      the LDJ in Florida receiving 3 standing O`s.

      Ed Hinkley
      Forever fan of Sun Tones