RE: Need help starting a Barbershop Quartet

  • craigvince
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      Thanks to everyone for the overwhelming response to my post. I had no
      idea there were so many people eager to help a newbie like me get
      started. My straw hat is off to all of you! :)
      It seems I should have put a bit more info in my original post, so
      I'll answer many of your questions now.

      I go to San Joaquin Delta College, in Stockton, CA. (Yes, I'm from
      California, but I'm a nice guy,...I promise.) I have a couple of
      other students interested, but I like the idea of holding auditions.
      I think I have found someone to play the piano for rehearsals. I
      guess the main thing I need now is just some sheet music of the more
      traditional barbershop songs for us to get started with. Anybody have
      a stack they'd like to donate?