Re: [bbshop] Digest Number 1810

  • Glenn E Van Tassell
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      Craig & all,

      articles, printed in several district publications under the overall
      heading: "Quartetting, The Ultimate Barbershop Experience". I believe
      the series was carried in the Sunshine District "sunburst", Pioneer's
      "Troubador", and Far Western's "West Tunes". If you can contact any of
      those, there may be some useful guidance. The articles suggest steps and
      attitudes in the process, from initial plans for seeking participants to
      developmental steps along the way.

      If you are unable to access the above sources, respond privately to me
      and I will gladly share. After all, that is exactly what people like the
      Mid States Four, Buffalo Bills, Confederates and many more did for me
      when I was starting out.

      Happy quartetting,
      Glenn Van Tassell

      Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:27:01 -0000
      From: "craigvince" <craig@...>
      Subject: I need help starting a new quartet....

      I'm interested in starting up a Barbershop Quartet at my college,
      but
      don't have a clue where to start. Is there a book or on-line
      resource
      that could offer some direction for me? I need to know where to find

      the music, and some tips on how we might market ourselves in our
      community. Any help would be greatly appreciated!