Happy New Year

  • Becky Wilkins
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 27, 2000
      I just want to be the first to wish all my barbershop buddies a
      wonderful New Year, and may this TRUE first year of the millennium be
      the best ever!

      Becky
      "Life's a Pitch, Then You Sing!"
      Check out the Crystal Collection home page:
      http://www.harmonize.com/crystalcollection/
      Visit the Prairie Winds home page!
      http://prairiewindschorus.tripod.com/
      Heart of America, Sweet Adelines Region #25
      http://sairegion25.webprovider.com//Region25.htm
    • djspebs@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 27, 2000
        In a message dated 12/27/2000 10:41:10 AM, ccbecky@... writes:

        << and may this TRUE first year of the millennium be
        the best ever!

        More and more of us have seen the light! Even Matt Lauer and
        Willard Scott (on the NBC-TV Today Show) gleefully made the
        pronouncement this morning! There are some of us who get to
        celebrate the event twice -- the wrong time (2000) and the
        right time (2001)!

        (^8

        Happy New (Millennium) Year!
      • Jack Martin
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 27, 2000
          Boy, you never give up do you DJ.
          In Harmony
          Jack

          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 27, 2000
            In a message dated 12/27/2000 2:30:41 PM, jwmartin@... writes:

            << Boy, you never give up do you DJ. >>

            Not when I'm right!

            (^8

            DJ
          • barinm@aol.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 1, 2001
              Night Magic, SAI 2001 3rd Place International Quartet Medalists sang in a
              First Night celebration in Doylestown, Pa last night.
              For those unfamiliar, First Night is a non-alcoholic New Year's celebration
              held usually in "small" town areas. Citizens buy buttons that permit their
              entrance into all venues of entertainment. That entertainment can range from
              magicians and face painters to big bands and barbershop quartets. We sang in
              a museum this time.
              Night Magic has been involved in this type of celebration three times now and
              all have been enjoyable. You get a chance to try new material and the
              audience is appreciative and the atmosphere very festive.
              We usually meet beforehand for a nice dinner with our spouses then off to
              sing. A great chance to socialize together and ring in the New Year .
              If you ever get the chance to participate in one of these activites, take it.
              You will love it.

              Happy New Year to all
              Renee Walsh
              Night Magic
            • George Daniels
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 1, 2001
                TODAYS DATE IS 01- 01- 01 or binary number 21 for 21st century

                HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !

                George Daniels Bass Sound of the Rockies RMD
              • Angela Carrington <piperkc@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 31, 2002
                  Hi Everyone

                  Hope you have a safe and Happy New Year.
                  Good Harmony, Health and Happiness to all

                  Angela in Canada
                  406lbs BMI 63.6 -73lbs
                  Post-op Dr Michael Grace
                  Open RNY
                  Life began May 16, 2002
                  I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears. Surely..I will heal
                  you." 2 Kings 20:5
                • Stuart Wineberg
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 26, 2003
                    And speaking of minorities; May I wish all my fellow Jewish Barbershopping
                    friends a "Shanah Tovah", Happy New Year.

                    May the upcoming year 5764 bring you health, happiness, prosperity and
                    above all peace.

                    Stu Wineberg

                    I'd like to teach the world to sing
                    in four part harmony (Barbershop of course!)
                  • Joe De Felice
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 26, 2003
                      Yes indeed .... as the shofar blows, across the Pond where
                      you are Stu, let me wish all my Jewish friends La Shanah Tovah,
                      Guta Yor, or as my dear old friends use to say
                      "Ah heppy nu years to youse".

                      Wow, 5764 already.... how time does fly. ;-)

                      Happy New Year and may it bring PEACE.

                      Joe -aka in the Borscht Belt (circa 1952) as
                      "Yussel, de goyisha vaiter"

                    • bbstenor@cox.net
                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 30, 2003
                        Happy New Year to All!!

                        Dean House
                        Golden Spread Chorus
                        Amarillo Texas
                      • honeydo@charter.net
                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 31, 2003
                          To all Barbershoppers,

                          Happy New Year and may your year be filled with
                          Harmony.

                          Bob Bengsch
                          Ripon Harmony Kings Chorus
                          4-Bits of Fun Quartet
                        • Stu Wineberg
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 15, 2004
                            May I wish all my co-religionists a Shana Tovah, a sweet, happy, healthy,
                            peaceful, prosperous and harmonious New Year for 5765.

                            May you be blessed with everything you wish for.

                            Stu Wineberg

                            I'd like to teach the world to sing
                            in four part harmony (Barbershop of course!)
                          • Leo J. Larivee
                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 31, 2004
                              Some New Year's Resolutions - Barbershop Style - to share

                              Sing more good barbershop songs.

                              Recruit at least one new man.

                              Teach more people more tags.

                              Tell the new folks stories of our early pioneers and why we are all so sad when we
                              lose the likes of Bill Cain, Frank Lanza, Val Hicks, and Dave LaBar to name but a few.

                              Fight for what you believe to be right whether or not it is popular or politically
                              correct.

                              Never compromise a friend or your family just to win a contest.

                              Let your music speak for itself. We are what we sing.

                              It is not what the audience does after you sing; it's what they do WHILE you are
                              singing that really counts.

                              If you have a good musical director, support him (or her). They are the lifeblood of
                              our our Society.

                              Happy New Year everybody! May 2005 be Prosperous and Harmonious and may you
                              reach your goals and objectives and attain true Happiness.

                              Leo
                            • Marty Israel
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 22, 2006
                                Hi Stu!

                                And a Shana Tovah right back at you! Have a great holiday and a great year!

                                L'shana Tovah Tikatavu

                                Marty Israel

                                >From: Stu Wineberg <harmonet@...>
                                >To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
                                >Subject: [bbshop] Happy New Year
                                >Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:34:26 -0700
                                >
                                >No. I'm not 3 months early!!!! Tomorrow sees the start of the Jewish New
                                >Year 5767 and I welcome the opportunity to wish all Jewish barbershoppers
                                >Shana Tovah, a happy, healthy, prosperous & (above all) a peaceful year
                                >ahead.
                                >
                                >Stu Wineberg
                                >
                                >I'd like to teach the world to sing
                                >in four part harmony (Barbershop of course!)
                                >

                                >Yahoo! Groups Links

                                Express yourself - download free Windows Live Messenger themes!
                                http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-msn.com/themes/vibe/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline
                              • Shelley Herman
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 22, 2006
                                  Shanah Tovah

                                  May your hair, your teeth, your face-lift, your abs, and your stocks not
                                  fall .

                                  May your blood pressure, your triglycerides, your cholesterol, your
                                  white blood count and your mortgage interest not rise.

                                  May you get a clean bill of health from your dentist, your
                                  cardiologist, your gastroenterologist, your urologist, your
                                  proctologist, your podiatrist, your psychiatrist, your
                                  plumber, and the IRS.

                                  May you find a way to travel from anywhere to anywhere during rush hour
                                  in less than an hour, and when you get there may you find a parking
                                  space.

                                  May this Yom Tov, find you seated around the dinner table, together with
                                  your beloved family and cherished friends, ushering in the Jewish New
                                  Year ahead.

                                  May what you see in the mirror delight you, and what others see in you
                                  delight them.

                                  May the telemarketers wait to make their sales calls until you finish
                                  dinner, may your checkbook and your budget balance, and may they include
                                  generous amounts for charity.

                                  May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to your partner,
                                  your child, and your parent(s). You can say it to your secretary, your
                                  nurse, your butcher, your photographer, your masseuse, your seamstress, your
                                  hairdresser or your gym instructor, but not with a "twinkle" in your eye.

                                  May we live as intended, in a world at peace with the awareness of the
                                  beauty in every sunset, every flower's unfolding petals, every baby's smile
                                  and every wonderful, astonishing, miraculous part of ourselves.

                                  Bless you with every happiness, great health, peace and much love during
                                  the next year and all those that follow.

                                  Shelley & Shelly Herman
                                • Stu Wineberg

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 24, 2006
                                      Lovely thought, thank you! L'shana Tovah to you too!

                                      But may I add one:

                                      May this be the year that someone sends me several new Jewish-themed
                                      barberhsop arrangements, suitable for my "MenschTones" group...

                                      One thought did pop into my head yesterday, which opens up a lot of
                                      possibilities for us to sing truly classic barbershop. How about a
                                      tribute to famous Jewish composers and performers? Do the names
                                      Eddie Cantor, Al Jolson, and Irving Berlin ring any chords?

                                      Heck, maybe I'll see about getting us chartered as an actual
                                      barbershop chapter. With possibilities like that, we could be
                                      hitting the contest circuit with solidly contestable material! At
                                      the very first contest I ever attended, the one quartet whose
                                      members I knew personally sang Eddie Cantor's "If You Knew Susie
                                      (Like I Know Susie)".

                                      Dave Garstang

                                      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Shelley Herman <saherman@...> wrote:

                                      > Shanah Tovah
                                      >
                                      > May your hair, your teeth, your face-lift, your abs, and your
                                      > stocks not fall.
                                      >
                                      > May your blood pressure, your triglycerides, your cholesterol,
                                      > your white blood count and your mortgage interest not rise.
                                      >
                                      > May you get a clean bill of health from your dentist, your
                                      > cardiologist, your gastroenterologist, your urologist, your
                                      > proctologist, your podiatrist, your psychiatrist, your
                                      > plumber, and the IRS.
                                      >
                                      > May you find a way to travel from anywhere to anywhere during
                                      > rush hour in less than an hour, and when you get there may
                                      > you find a parking space.
                                      >
                                      > May this Yom Tov, find you seated around the dinner table,
                                      > together with your beloved family and cherished friends,
                                      > ushering in the Jewish New Year ahead.
                                      >
                                      > May what you see in the mirror delight you, and what others
                                      > see in you delight them.
                                      >
                                      > May the telemarketers wait to make their sales calls until
                                      > you finish dinner, may your checkbook and your budget
                                      > balance, and may they include generous amounts for charity.
                                      >
                                      > May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to
                                      > your partner, your child, and your parent(s). You can say it
                                      > to your secretary, your nurse, your butcher, your
                                      > photographer, your masseuse, your seamstress, your
                                      > hairdresser or your gym instructor, but not with a
                                      > "twinkle" in your eye.
                                      >
                                      > May we live as intended, in a world at peace with the
                                      > awareness of the beauty in every sunset, every flower's
                                      > unfolding petals, every baby's smile and every wonderful,
                                      > astonishing, miraculous part of ourselves.
                                      >
                                      > Bless you with every happiness, great health, peace and
                                      > much love during the next year and all those that follow.
                                      >
                                      > Shelley & Shelly Herman

                                    • Jack
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jan 2, 2008
                                        Check out the site below...

                                        To all my friends and family, I wish you all the best of everything for
                                        the forthcoming NEW YEAR of 2008: love to share,health to spare and
                                        friends who care!

                                        Click on the below and see my hopes for you for a healthy and happy
                                        year (cut and paste if necessary): Turn on the sound also.

                                        http://llerrah. com/newyearwishe s.htm