The Board of Director's - The PR & M Position

  • Philip Maxfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003
      Fellow barbershoppers,

      It is so important to have a full time, year round PR & M position on a
      Board of Directors!

      I can't for the life of me understand why all chapters don't think that this
      position is deserving a board placement. There is so much that can be done
      and should be done to network the chapter and build the Chorus's image in
      the community. Take it from me, IT IS A FULL TIME JOB.

      It is my opinion (and I sense others in the ranks feel the same way), that
      until the Society at least deems the PR & M position mandatory for Plateau
      II chapters, the membership numbers will not change and the Society will
      continue to stagnate. Plateau III chapters would have a hard time
      functioning if they didn't have a full time PR & M guy. It's one thing to
      talk about networking and building relationships but it's another thing
      actually doing it.

      Philip Maxfield

      Director of Public Relations & Marketing

      NW La. Chapter, SPEBSQSA, Inc.

      P.O. Box 44498
      Shreveport, La. 71134
      Office: (318) 861-5988
      Fax: (318) 688-5227

      Cell: (318) 455-4476

      2002 - Chapter Barbershopper of the Year

      2002 - SWD PR Officer of the Year

      2003 - Barber Shop Harmony Society Public Relations Officer of the Year