Re: Two unrelated questions

  • jburri62
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003
      Four Cheers came out of EVG. They were ...

      Bob Lorenz - Tenor
      Bob Swanson - Lead
      Vern Emra - Bari
      Bud Roberts - Bass

      Their original tenor was Dean Voss, when they won the EVG District
      Championship in the fall of 1977, but I believe Bob Lorenz stepped in
      to sing at International in 1978.

      Bob Lorenz and Vern Emra are currently very active in the leadership
      of Portland Oregon's newest chapter, Portland Metro "Bridge Town
      Sound", 2003 EVG DIV IV Chorus Champion. Bob is the tenor section
      leader and Vern is chapter president.

      Bud Roberts is the bass of the 2000 International Seniors Quartet
      Champs "Overtime" and is also a member of "Bridge Town Sound".

      The late great Bob Swanson passed away the morning of 9/11 ... yes,
      that 9/11 ... after a valiant battle with leukemia. He was a six time
      EVG District Quartet champ on lead and many time International
      quartet competitor. He and his lovely wife Carol, with friends Linda
      Tracy and Paul Krenz (who is the tenor of Flipside) were a fantastic
      mixed quartet called "Airwaves".

      You'd be hard pressed to find four nicer human beings than these
      gentlemen.

      Bring it and ring it,

      John Burri
      Director - Portland Metro "Bridge Town Sound"