Re: You might just be a Barbershopper if...

  • Condon Thomas A KPWA
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      You just might be a barbershopper if you hear about someone you have heard
      of but never met who has a serious problem and get all of your friends and
      your church members praying for him/her. Big hearts come with the
      territory.

      In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

      Tom :-})

      Thomas A. Condon
      Barbershop Bass Singer
      Registered Linux User #154358
      A Jester Unemployed
    • Dina Scharnhorst
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        Jennifer Gordon wrote:

        > It's funny that "You know you're a Barbershopper if" has just come up,
        because a funny thing happened to me while I was in Fort Worth. I was
        walking around downtown one day, and four men were walking toward me who
        were all wearing the same outfit. Knowing that there is a lot of quality
        Barbershop in that area, I asked them what the name of their quartet was.
        They gave me very strange looks as they walked passed me and into the
        restaurant--where they worked--and were required to dress alike...

        I am a paramedic by profession, and just last night, as my partner and I
        returned a nursing home patient to her bed, I found my attention being drawn
        toward a large conglomeration of family photos framed and hanging on the
        wall opposite her bed. Among the pictures was a shot of four men, all
        wearing white polo shirts, standing together in what could be interpreted as
        a quartet-like stance. With her Nurse standing in the vicinity, I asked my
        patient if her son was a barbershopper, and was slightly embarrassed to
        learn the he was not.

        'Barbershopping on the brain,' I began to think, until her Nurse started
        laughing and told me that she [the Nurse] is a Sweet Adeline herself!

        I'm only just beginning to learn how much we proliferate!

        Dina Scharnhorst, Baritone
        Seven Hills Chorus, Region 4
        Cincinnati, OH
        GO GATEWAY!!!