Riptide

  • ektenor
    Message 1 of 44 , Jun 2, 2003
      It was a real treat to see my first Riptide show as an audience
      member. I saw them on the show, then on the glow, and then at the
      Selano's house that night.

      Let me be the first to say that Riptide is better with Rick Taylor
      than they were with me. Their performance level has stepped up in
      some pretty significant ways. I was totally blown away. New
      energy, new material, new show, new Riptide.

      Congrats to Ricky T., Timmy, Jeffrey, and Ricky!
      I believe you will win in Montreal.

      EK
    • bearwest
      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 10, 2006
        It’s a sad day when the Lords of Lock and Ring have to hang
        it up. What a ride they had, and what a huge fan base they
        developed.
        I waited almost 30 years to hear another quartet as sweet
        sounding as the Sidewinders to appear on our Barbershop
        radar…and was happily surprised when I first heard the
        Ripsters at the Anaheim Convention…was an instant fan.

        I also felt they won the Gold on at least two occasions…but
        then there’s that personal taste issue.

        Fine gentlemen all…makes me reconsider Denver now, as
        Riptide was the main attraction for me.

        Good luck guys..and here’s hoping they you all find your way
        back into another wonderful quartet…I’ll keep playing your
        CD for as long as I’m on this ball.

        A fan forever,
        bear
        Bear