Re: [bbshop] Re: Montreal Webcast???

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
      Tim asked if the donations to the Webcast are tax deductible...
      Tim, I may be wrong but I think that as long as you are making the check out
      to SPEBSQSA which is a 501C3 charitable entity, the donation should be tax
      deductible for the amount over the cost. Since there is no stated cost, it
      becomes a true donation and should be tax deductible... I'll try and get an
      official ruling before we go on the air... But thanks for asking

      Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: <A HREF="www.harmonize.com/applauseshow">The "APPLAUSE" Show Website</A>
      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM AM 1620, Village Radio, Upper Montclair, NJ
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...
      Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
      <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/rmtmusic/rmtmusic.html">Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"</A>
      Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
      for hosting the Nashville Webcast

      for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
      for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
      Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show

    • Mark & Shelagh Radcliffe
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2003
        Hi All!
        year (below), I would like to suggest to (and challenge) all 'Netters
        who are GOING to Montreal to follow my lead and donate $25 US to the
        cause. Last year, Shelagh and I enjoyed virtually the entire
        International Convention via the webcast hosted by Rich and ... "the
        other guy" :). On high-speed there was hardly a blip and the (CD)
        quality was excellent. We, and many of you, I'm sure will be watching
        the (even better) webcast next year.
        So, let's help out our brother barbershoppers (who'd dearly love to be
        in Montreal with us) a little by making a small donation to an excellent
        project!

        - Yours In Harmony,
        Mark Radcliffe
        President, Dartmouth, NS "City of Lakes" Chapter
        Sunrise Division Manager, NED

        P.S. Shelagh doesn't know I'm doing this ?:-o

        Ref. Digest 1610, Message #13, Rich Taylor wrote:
        "...There are 9 events that you will be able to access through the
        webcast on audio or video. Because the Society is providing
        you with excellent audio and video, and because you do not
        have to spend money to travel, stay in a hotel, or pay an
        all-events ticket price (a total of perhaps $750+), I am asking
        people who watch/listen to the webcast , consider a donation
        of a mimimum of $15.00 per event PER PERSON or a total
        pledge/gift of $125.00 per person if they view all events..."