Re: [bbshop] Re: Montreal Webcast???

  • Timothy J Fagan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
      Rich,

      Just a quick question. Although I suspect the answer is a resounding _NO_,
      are contributions to the webcast effort tax-deductible in any way, as far as
      you know? Just curious... THANKS!

      --Timster--
    • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
        Tim asked if the donations to the Webcast are tax deductible...
        Tim, I may be wrong but I think that as long as you are making the check out
        to SPEBSQSA which is a 501C3 charitable entity, the donation should be tax
        deductible for the amount over the cost. Since there is no stated cost, it
        becomes a true donation and should be tax deductible... I'll try and get an
        official ruling before we go on the air... But thanks for asking

        Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
        Show Website: <A HREF="www.harmonize.com/applauseshow">The "APPLAUSE" Show Website</A>
        Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
        WVRM AM 1620, Village Radio, Upper Montclair, NJ
        On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
        email us at : applause@...
        Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
        <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/rmtmusic/rmtmusic.html">Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"</A>
        Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
        Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
        for hosting the Nashville Webcast

        for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
        for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
        Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show

      • Mark & Shelagh Radcliffe
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2003
          Hi All!
          year (below), I would like to suggest to (and challenge) all 'Netters
          who are GOING to Montreal to follow my lead and donate $25 US to the
          cause. Last year, Shelagh and I enjoyed virtually the entire
          International Convention via the webcast hosted by Rich and ... "the
          other guy" :). On high-speed there was hardly a blip and the (CD)
          quality was excellent. We, and many of you, I'm sure will be watching
          the (even better) webcast next year.
          So, let's help out our brother barbershoppers (who'd dearly love to be
          in Montreal with us) a little by making a small donation to an excellent
          project!

          - Yours In Harmony,
          Mark Radcliffe
          President, Dartmouth, NS "City of Lakes" Chapter
          Sunrise Division Manager, NED

          P.S. Shelagh doesn't know I'm doing this ?:-o

          Ref. Digest 1610, Message #13, Rich Taylor wrote:
          "...There are 9 events that you will be able to access through the
          webcast on audio or video. Because the Society is providing
          you with excellent audio and video, and because you do not
          have to spend money to travel, stay in a hotel, or pay an
          all-events ticket price (a total of perhaps $750+), I am asking
          people who watch/listen to the webcast , consider a donation
          of a mimimum of $15.00 per event PER PERSON or a total
          pledge/gift of $125.00 per person if they view all events..."